Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding phrases to subject lines

Hi there

I'd like ideally to show the subject of a thread in the subject line of an email notification.

For instance, in the body of one of our notifications, we have the following:

{1} has just posted in the {2} forum of {3} under the title {4}

This topic is located at {5}

Here is the message that has just been posted:

{6}

I'd like to get {4} and make it appear in the subject line of the email instead. I get that there will be a substitution going on, what I can't see is how to link that to the email subject I wish to edit. Is this possible?

Thread titles already exist in some email subjects...such as 'reply to thread'.
    In that email, the phrase for the title looks like this:

Code:
    Reply to thread '$threadinfo[prefix_plain]$threadinfo[title]'
    You could try adapting that for the email subject you are talking about. Not sure if the data will be available or not.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't think the data is available to all email subjects, I've tried mimicking that as you suggested, and it did not substitute '$threadinfo[prefix_plain]$threadinfo[title]' as I hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        Thread titles already exist in some email subjects...such as 'reply to thread'.
        In that email, the phrase for the title looks like this:

Code:
        Reply to thread '$threadinfo[prefix_plain]$threadinfo[title]'
        You could try adapting that for the email subject you are talking about. Not sure if the data will be available or not.
        That's for vB4 and not for vB5/vBCloud.

And the only variable in the new post email notification subject is the forum name.

Code:
        There is a new post in Forum {1}

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment