Awaiting email confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awaiting email confirmation

I have 6 people showing as users awaiting email confirmation is that because they haven't clicked on the link in the email they received. If this is the case can I send them another email or can I by pass this and set them straight up as registered users as I know who they are.

Want to streamline the register procedure from register-welcome letter-url-validation to register-validation what needs to be changed to achieve this.

There is a drop down above their username in their user profile with a option that sends them another email. You can also just go into their user profile and select Registered Users as their usergroup. It will probably say the group right now is 'user awaiting something'. That would skip them verifying the email, pretty sure anyway.

You can probably skip that verification process, but it could open you up to bots joining your forum and flooding it with garbage.

Comment

• Historic Trucks
      Historic Trucks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I did find that but didn't want to just change it in case it did something it shouldn't have. I still want to have to verify every new member

I changed the log in procedure so new users don't get the welcome letter which works well but it came up with a mistake/error in the message they get.

Also the site logs them in straight away ?How do I stop this

I have it so non uregistered/waiting for approval users cant see the main forum so as it is set now all they get is a screen with the header and no forum.

Picture of error message.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X