Unapproved posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unapproved posts

I have a new sub-forum where only a handful of my users have access. When any of us post to this forum, either a new thread or simply reply to an existing thread, all posts are marked as "Unapproved".

I've combed through the settings of the user group & the forum itself and can see no reason for this.

I have a lot of other forms, both public and private, on this install that work fine.

vB 5.1.9

Check the channel permissions and make sure that "Follow Channel Moderation Rules" permission is set to Yes and "Require Moderation for Posts" to No.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Confirmed, for both the user group allowing access to this particular sub-forum (GC) and for good measure, Registered Users.

Comment

Do you have any of the anti-spam features turned on?
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Sorry Mark, didn't get a notification you replied to this. No, I have the Anti-SPAM features turned off.

Comment

Any other ideas on this?

Comment

Probably best to pop a support ticket in and we'll investigate further.

Comment

Copy, thanks.

Comment

Hi Rahamy, did you have any luck with this. I am having a similar issue...

Comment

Originally posted by keiahnig View Post
                    Hi Rahamy, did you have any luck with this. I am having a similar issue...
                    Please start your own topic with full details of the problem.

Comment

No, no luck - I haven't had the time to allocate to it, so just dealing with it. The forum impacted is a relatively low traffic one. Would appreciate knowing if you find a solution though!

Comment

There is a bug that if you ever set the group to require moderation, and then change it back to off, the change doesn't take.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14763

The Work-around I find works best is to go to Admin CP -> Channel Management -> Channel Permissions, find the main Forum channel, edit the permissions for the Registered Users usergroup, choose the option to use custom permissions, and then set the permissions you really want in that channel. They will automatically be inherited by all other forums that don't already have their own custom permissions.

Comment

Thanks Joe, I think that was the ticket I needed.... Cheers for your help!

Comment