Issue some users having their browsers constantly reload when logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue some users having their browsers constantly reload when logged in

I have suddenly found that my accounts (1 admin, 1 channel member, and 1 registered user) all have the same behavior when I log in.

Specifically, they load the page, and then continuously refresh about once a second. This is annoying for the Channel Member account, but if I click the stop X I can at least navigate to a new page/forum. I have to hit the X again as the endless refreshing immediately starts again.

I discovered if I log in using a member's account I admined last week, the behavior is normal. No endless refreshes. I cannot find any difference in the two accounts from a user setup perspective.

I can directly log in to the adminCP as the admin and I can edit and admin new users to the forum. But if I click on 'Edit Site' then I am logged in as the admin and the editing buttons on the top of the page are greyed out. And the page immediately starts reloading every second.

I have tried no less than 6 PCs now. OS's are Linux Mint 13 mate, W7, XP, and W8. Browsers tested are Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Chrome and Android browser on my S5 phone. All show the same behavior for these users.

I have deleted cookies and all other data in everyone of them. 3 of the PCs had never been to the vbulletin forum before.

I have an open ticket with Lynne (1357154), but this is becoming an issue as we are trying to get about 2,000 members online and while I can admin them into the forum this is a very bad time for the admin (me) to not be able to properly supervise postings.

I saw some ancient history that caused the AdminCP to do this, but that was back in 2004 IIRC.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by stimpsonjcat67; Tue 10 Mar '15, 7:28am.

I suspect this has something to do with DST auto detect settings. Try turning it off.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thanks for the idea Glenn. I turned DST option OFF, but it did not fix the behavior.

Comment

You need to turn DST off for the individual user, not globally in the forum.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks to Mark.B for clarity and apologies to Glenn. This has fixed the issue!

Any idea if this is a permanent issue or if I can turn DST back on at some point?

Is it possible this will happen to forum members who are not admin?

Comment

A JIRA bug report needs to be filed (if not already) in order for it to be fixed.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Please fix this problem asap, this makes our forums look bad. Our members will leave because they cannot use the forums because DST settings. I will not change this option for 17,000++ members on my board, its impossible to edit each and every member. FIX IT!!!!

Comment

I am having same issue. I turned off DST for my forum and admin account. It is not fixed. I created another admin account, it is working fine.
                Last edited by yahsuah; Fri 8 Apr '16, 2:40am.
                incil, turkish christians, hristiyanlık, hristiyan olmak, hristiyan haber

Comment

Here is the open bug report:
                  http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14445
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

This information may be helpful:
                    Day 1: I changed the date/time value (Default Time Zone Offset) from GMT+2 to GMT+3
                    Day 3: My admin account(1) stopped to work on forum, but has still been working on AdminCP
                    Day 3: I closed auto-detect DST option via Admincp, for whole forum and my admin account(1). Nothing has changed.
                    Day 3: I created a new admin account.
                    Day 5: New admin account stopped to work on forum. But it has still been working on AdminCP

note: The time of my forum is not correct. It is 1 hour slow.

Comment

I could fix the problem. There was $date $timenow variables (something like that) on my template. I removed them. Now, it is working fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X