Getting Spam of Emails "There is a new post in..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Spam of Emails "There is a new post in..."

For the life of me I can'y find an option to disable this. Any help would be great! :S

I'm now subscribed to this thread. Having the same issue with an account I assigned to the admin group. I couldn't find any way to stop receiving emails for every post made on the entire forum.

Comment

Could really do with help on this. Looking at several hundred e-mails by monday :/

Comment

I am a far cry from tech support but, I think I can help you with this issue. If you go to your name in the upper right corner of your homepage and click the drop down arrow then click user settings. Once there click notifications then next click email notifications. On the drop down arrow there select off, through my message center only. then save the changes. That should stop the emails for you. Hope that helps you.

Comment

Well I already had those options set but I re-saved them anyway. No change. Still getting spam any time anyone makes a post anywhere.

Comment

Not tech support here, either, but whatever email address you have designated for the Webmaster in vBulletin Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details will receive these new post notifications. If there is an option to disable this, I'm not yet aware of it. I actually find these notifications helpful, but can see how it can be an issue for others. Until support responds, you may want to consider temporarily creating an inbox rule that routes these emails to an alternative or a deleted items folder.

Comment

Well it isn't spam. It is actually a feature that has been in vBulletin for over a decade. You can control it by editing your Moderator permissions in the AdminCP under Channel Manager -> Show All Moderators. Edit your account and uncheck the boxes that tell the system to send you a new email after post and topic.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ah, thanks very much, Wayne! Good to know where that is for future reference.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X