How can I change these things?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I change these things?

If anyone can tell me how I can edit any or all of the things in this list, I'd be extremely greatful:

1. Is it possible for me to change the border at the top & left to match the bottem & right?
    2. Can I change the background colour of this text input area?
    3. In the profile settings, when I try to change these dividers after saving and re-loading they revert to default, can I prevent this?
    4. Is there a way I can change his dotted line to a solid one and/or its colour?
    5. Is it possible to remove the white border/background to the poll results display?
    6. Where can I change the colour of these buttons?

Thanks in advance guys!

You have a customized style there it would be easier to help you if you post a link to your forum. All the things you listed can be fixed in via custom CSS in Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thanks for the help!
      Last edited by Vonlinchen; Mon 2nd Mar '15, 6:53am.

Comment

So I'm not very used to the way CSS works. How do I go about adding CSS to the forum, don't I need to edit existing files?

Also if anyone could help with specifically what CSS code I'll need for the options mentioned that would be great.

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

Add these via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor > (Change theme/style). Repeat for all themes/styles as needed.

Code:
          #header .search-container .search-box .search-term { box-shadow: none; }  /* #1 */
          .b-editor .cke_wysiwyg_frame, .b-editor .cke_wysiwyg_div { background: #c0c0c0; }  /* #2 - this affects all ckeditor background */
          .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-menulist-item {   /* #3 */
              border-top: 1px solid #fff;
              border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;
          }
          .b-divider--post-controls { border-top: 1px solid #ccc; }   /* #4 */
          .pollresults-data tr td.polloption-cell .bar-container { padding: 0; }   /* #5 */
          .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-action-buttons a.button,
          .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-action-buttons button {   /* #6 - These are the default values, change values accordingly */
              background: #D5E8EE url("images/css/sprite_gradients_vb.png") repeat-x scroll 0 -250px;
              border-color: #C8CCCE;
              color: #09161b !important;
          }
          Change colors accordingly.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thank you sir! your a life saver!

Edit: #3 still hasn't changed. Damn those white bars!
            Last edited by Vonlinchen; Fri 27th Feb '15, 11:26am.

Comment

css_profile.css is added to the page after css_additional.css which shouldn't be the case. To fix, add !important .

Code:
              .profile-sidebar-widget .profile-menulist .profile-menulist-item {
                  border-top: 1px solid #212525 !important;
                  border-bottom: 1px solid #212525 !important;
              }
              Btw, you can make the other border as transparent to make the divider not too thick.

Comment

Ok, so I dived straight into it and I'm trying to change the dotted lines shown in the image below.

This is the code i'm trying to use, does it look right?

Code:
                .forum-list-container .forum-item td {
                    padding: 15px 0px;
                    border-top: 1px solid #000000 !important;
                    vertical-align: top;
                }
                It doesn't seem to work :/

EDIT: Nvm, was using a child and wasn't editing the parent. -_- Durp
                Last edited by Vonlinchen; Fri 27th Feb '15, 9:46pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X