No announcement yet.

Can we "borrow" your halloween header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we "borrow" your halloween header?

I was wondering if e we could use your halloween header on our forum, or if that is a licensed item.

Sure.
    Attached Files
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

i like your header, may i know how to upload the header. I am using ver 5.1.3

Comment

Upload the image to your server, usually the /images/misc/ folder... The go to Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager, for your style choose the option to Edit Stylevariables.

FInd the header_background stylevar and replace the image URL with the path to the image you uploaded.

It will be in the form:

Code:
        url(path/to/image.png)
        Save changes, you should see it when you reload the main forum page.

Comment

congrats vbulletin very nice header art.
          Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.6.4 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

Thanks joe for the reply.

Thanks napy, that is great recommendation, it helps for new member like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
              Upload the image to your server, usually the /images/misc/ folder... The go to Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager, for your style choose the option to Edit Stylevariables.

FInd the header_background stylevar and replace the image URL with the path to the image you uploaded.

It will be in the form:

Code:
              url(path/to/image.png)
              Save changes, you should see it when you reload the main forum page.
              I have my own leaderboard banner 728x90, when I made the changes it didn't show all the way across the header. What can I do to make it show as the original size?
              Last edited by Aquarist; Sat 8 Nov '14, 6:12pm.

Comment

The header image doesn't dictate the size of the header box. The height is dictated by the logo image (titleimage) so if you are using a logo image taller or shorter than the default vBulletin logo image you will have problems using this custom image designed for the vBulletin forum. You would really need to resize your main logo image to match the height of the default vBulletin logo to use the same header backgrounds from here.

Comment

cant change the style variables of the cool blue style.
                  is it possible to use this header and wrapper with Aditional CSS Code after Upload Image? can someone help?

thank you

Comment

Make a child style of the Cool Blue Theme and you can edit its style variables. Though you shouldn't have to change any CSS though to have the header adjust to the height of your custom image. The system will adjust automatically. However if you need to, once you create the child style and set it as your default style, you can edit to header_height stylevar to increase the height manually.

Styles & Themes -> Style Manager. Choose "Create Child Style" for the Cool Blue. You can edit its stylevars.

To set it as default go to Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Options.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X