No announcement yet.

vBulletin Issue - Modify domain settings for use mail [SID-2341855-2310f36a]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Issue - Modify domain settings for use mail [SID-2341855-2310f36a]

Hello,

I understand that they may be busy in other tasks but a week ago I made a request for my urgent to serve customers and future suppliers in my project through the VBCLOUD forum and I have not had an answer.

Since VBULLETIN in the past could not give me a mail hosting service linked to the contract with Vbulletin, I hired a mail hosting service from an external company without the need to transfer the domain.

I passed to you a series of changes that must be made in the domain and in the registrations so that I can receive external mail to my SMTP mailbox that I have registered. Can you review the application I submitted? I need to expand my email domain to certain contacts.

I await a response.

Thanks,

The issue is awaiting response from the vBulletin Cloud team. If the server isn't already whitelisted through the datacenter's firewall, the issue would have to be escalated to the network operations team for our parent company.

I am not even sure that the MX record would change anything with the email. Email isn't sent through the domain at all on vBulletin Cloud and we do not run a mail server. vBulletin Cloud sends mail through a third-party SMTP server. So if you want to change to your own email, you would need to provide SMTP settings.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      The issue is awaiting response from the vBulletin Cloud team. If the server isn't already whitelisted through the datacenter's firewall, the issue would have to be escalated to the network operations team for our parent company.

I am not even sure that the MX record would change anything with the email. Email isn't sent through the domain at all on vBulletin Cloud and we do not run a mail server. vBulletin Cloud sends mail through a third-party SMTP server. So if you want to change to your own email, you would need to provide SMTP settings.
      Thank you, your partner Trevor answered a few hours ago. Indeed, I already passed you the corresponding settings for the logs to use an external email server. Which is after all, with which I have hired the mail hosting service. It's already apparently settled.

One more question. I think that before this change it is possible that when I called the domain that has hosted the VBCloud forum, certain users in browser (URL) did not put the www and automatically redirected them to the full url (With https and www). Is that possible? Because now if we do not write the full URL it does not solve well or redirect to the forum.

Comment

On vBulletin Cloud, the www would be required. it is only triggered via CNAME and the sub-domain is required. The system will automatically switch users from HTTP to HTTPS.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X