524 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 524 error

Putting up pictures I’m getting a 524 error. Editing the post does the same. After editing / saving the system works for like 1 minute then the error pops up. These seem to be posts with many pictures
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Sun 8th Mar '20, 5:53am.

Yes on many different posts
    After waiting a minute for the working to finish and the error message to show, I click ok and reload the page.. if I do anything else like hit post again the pictures get messed up

Comment

It’s these series of posts with attachments that it is happening to.
      https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...852#post224852

This is a very important thread so don’t try to edit anything on your end. I learned how to wait it out. Lol

Every time an item sells I edit / add the buyers name. The error is there. When I was originally posting them up the error was there then as well.

Comment

524 is specifically a CloudFlare error. It means CloudFlare is not getting a response from the server before it times out. You may want to see if you can increase the CloudFlare timeout value.

Comment

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          This is something that VB has to do correct?

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense cause it takes some time to get these attachments organized and posted up

• In Omnibus
          In Omnibus commented
          Editing a comment
          Because you're on Cloud I can only give an idea of the cause and a possible solution. Wayne Luke will have to determine if vBulletin has the ability to change the server timeout for Cloud accounts. That's beyond my knowledge.

After the error pops up and clicking OK, the page does not reload with the changes. At that point I do a manual reload and then it’s good

Comment

In Omnibus I always appreciate your insight.

Comment

I am not currently getting the error when viewing pages on your site. Does it only occur when creating/edit content?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Creating or editing the content

Comment

I just now made two edits and did not receive the error. It was ""working"" for a good bit. Yesterday and the day before the error happened every time. Maybe someone already adjusted it at your headquarters

Comment

I brought up the issue in a situation meeting earlier. It is being looked at. I do not know if anything has been changed yet.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                    Carrfixr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Wayne. It seems much better and quicker now

• Wayne Luke
                    Wayne Luke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The timeout was increased. I am not sure how that would cause the system to speed up though.

• Carrfixr
                    Carrfixr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did another edit today without an error. The long duration was still there but it all looks good now.