Thank you very much for this
    I registered yesterday
    We are awaiting further development of VB5

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by exemacoFG View Post

Only works in vbulletin 3 or 4.
    Oh, I forgot what they'd made for 5 and what they hadn't.

Still, there really is no need for an "SEO" product in vB5. It mainly changed the URLs and there's nothing wrong with either of the URL formats now available in vB5.

Leave a comment:

• exemacoFG
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

There is DBSEO already available as a third party add-on, if you believe it is necessary.
    Only works in vbulletin 3 or 4.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by exemacoFG View Post
    It is possible to create something like vbseo but for vbulletin 5? would be great.
    There is DBSEO already available as a third party add-on, if you believe it is necessary.

Leave a comment:

• exemacoFG
    replied
    It is possible to create something like vbseo but for vbulletin 5? would be great.
    Last edited by exemacoFG; Thu 27th Jul '17, 9:50am.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Thanks exemacoFG .

I think most if not all DBTech mods are not supported in the recent and latest vB5 versions anymore.

Leave a comment:

• exemacoFG
    replied
    Excellent I finally see developers in vbulletin 5, I'm tired of seeing developers only for xenforo.
    We need more developers for vbulletin, you and DragonByte-Tech are the only ones on VB5......

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Good news! Amazon has certified and approved this Alexa skill named "vBulletin Mods That Rock Latest Posts" and it's now available on the Amazon Skill Store.

This means if you have an Amazon Echo device (Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Show), you can get this skill and enable it on your device and hear Alexa speak hourly updates of latest posts from https://vbmods.rocks without visiting the site. Your utterence will be:

Alexa, what's my Flash Briefing?
    or

Alexa, what's in the news?
    This looks like the first ever vBulletin-powered Alexa skill on the Amazon Skill Store
    If you search for "vBulletin" in the Amazon site or in the Alexa app, "vBulletin Mods That Rock Latest Posts" is the only skill in the search results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexa.png
Views:	94
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	4373904

Get it now and enjoy!
    Amazon.com: vBulletin Mods That Rock Latest Posts: Alexa Skills

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    I've added a new feature where you can listen to the latest posts in my forum https://vbmods.rocks from Amazon Alexa at the comfort of your couch or living room without visiting my site!

Once Amazon approves the Alexa skill I submitted, it will be available to all 8M+ Amazon Echo users around the world!

Here's a demo YouTube video:

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Thanks chriske! Enjoy my mods and make your forum rockin' too
    Last edited by Glenn Vergara; Wed 18th Jan '17, 1:56pm.

Leave a comment:

• chriske
    replied
    You are one of the reasons I don't' feel bad about upgrading my forum to VB5. Nice forum you have, registered yesterday and browsing your mods

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    I've added a couple new forum channels since this thread was posted. I'm sure a lot will be interested on what my site has to offer on the following forums:

Javascript Hacks - Existing Javascipt file modifications that are inevitable and cannot be resolved with template hooks.(e.g. Add custom fonts in CKEditor)
    vBCloud "Modifications" - Third-party modifications are not allowed in vBCloud but some "modifications" are still possible. (e.g. Main Navigation Menu Dropdown)

I've also added a blog channel for vB5 tips and tricks.

Check it out at http://vbmods.rocks/ now!

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Thanks for showcasing my site!
    Last edited by Glenn Vergara; Wed 7th Sep '16, 7:19am.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    started a topic vBMods.rocks!

vBMods.rocks!

Hi,

My vBulletin forum is located at http://vbmods.rocks/. It is running vBulletin 5.

Purpose: The purpose of this site is to provide vBulletin site owners free and paid modifications, plugins, custom modules, custom BBCodes, CORE hacks, customizations (and many more) which I developed myself.

Goal: To offer alternative place to find vBulletin modifications especially for vB5 where available mods are scarce compared to vB3 and vB4.

Trials: Being a former vBulletin 5 Developer for Internet Brands, I encountered minimal trials in setting up this site. At first, I didn't know what niche I wanted to put a forum up for. But later on as I spent time in the vBulletin support forums and helping vB5 customers, I realized I could utilize my vB5 skills and inside knowledge of the software and help even more vB5 customers by setting up my own modification site.

Addons Used: As I mentioned, I develop my own addons and some of them are installed and running on the site. Head over to http://vbmods.rocks/ to see them for yourself. As you may notice the layout, font, avatars are bigger. I tried to make the style customizations as simple as possible and focus more on bringing good content. I hope you like the minimalistic style.

Setup: I'm using an unmanaged VPS hosting plan without cPanel. So I do almost everything in the command line. The site is also using Memcached and CloudFlare to help on speed and performance optimization.

Screenshot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vbmods.rocks.png
Views:	114
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	4352042