high volume hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high volume hosting

on various forums, i see people talkign about how "they have 800GF of bantdwith left this month, who wants them to host something, etc....

my question is, where to peopel get these huge amounts of transfer bandwidth? i don't want to move my website to an ew host but woudl be itnerested in adding a second host just for hosting large files or whatnot...

anyone have any recommendations?

Take a look at the offers forum at On www.webhostingtalk.com and you will find dedicated server providers offering tons of bandwidth.
    But bear in mind that many of them offer servers without much support...
    More than 10 years experience in building communities!
    Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

is there any way to get extremely high volume without going dedicated?

Comment

Could you define what you mean by "extremely high volume"?
        And remember, most go dedicated not because of the traffic but because of resource usage (CPU, I/O)
        More than 10 years experience in building communities!
        Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

Agreed. I thought I could move from shared to VPS because of the additional bandwidth allowance, but the database is just too much of a server strain for a VPS account, so I went dedicated as well.

I second the suggestion about webhostingtalk.com -- I learned more there by reading for a few days than I can say. (That, and it has saved me a LOT of headaches!)

L'chaim

Comment

great, i will check it out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X