Hosting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurk
    can i use vbulletin.net as a domain to my forums? if not, i understand.
    That domain is allready registered.

Comment

oh, o well...
      i'll just look for another domain, or something.
      I'm going to switch to Real Web Host probably tomorrow..
      and what do you mean by "" ? it's not a thing to be happy about
      Let the flames begin.

Comment

I'm going to switch on monday.. Hopefully, i've been getting problems with my internet connection... It keeps going on and off, so hopefully it'll be on long enough so i can switch host on monday.
        Let the flames begin.

Comment

Yahoo "Standard" and PHP

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Once again I strongly recommend againt using Yahoo hosting - and I don't make this recommendation lightly. Yahoo purposely disables a lot of PHP functions that are a normal part of vBuletin operations.
          Steve

I want to ping Yahoo hard on why they advertise PHP/MySQL support, but infact, they only support some features of PHP. Here is a pointer to their PHP support matrix.

http://us.1.p2.webhosting.yahoo.com/v/php/support.html

Can you please specifically tell me what features Yahoo is lacking that vBulletin requires. I want to request they change the PHP support. Yahoo really should get on board!

Comment

One of the Devs will need to check that. All I know is that whenever I try to work on a Yahoo hosted forums, there are multiple problems and their phpinfo page purposely hides all the relevant details needed to investigate and fix this problem. As far as I'm concerned, they are not a professional hosting service and should not be considered as such.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I heard heard a lot of bad things about yahoo as a hosting provider, but I never knew they disabled PHP functions.
              I don't think this is acceptable to advertise PHP when they are disabling functions needed by popular scripts like vBulletin.

Thanks for posting about this Steve, good information to remember.

John
              John Diver

Comment

Scott just checked that list and he said it should be fine for vB. Nonetheless I stand by my assessment of Yahoo as a host. They are really not on par with true web hosting companies.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X