Your vBulletin Web Host Review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your vBulletin Web Host Review.

Im hoping to educate myself with this thread and read some reviews so maybe I can switch my web host. If you could post a little info about your board and review your host.

My board is a Polish Community Board at http://www.NaKazdyTemat.com

I’m hosted at http://www.F5Hosting.com on the Platinum package which is 20 GB transfer and 600 MB storage at 24.95 per month. For the past 2 months I have been using up to 35 GB transfer and i am thinking about switching to a semi-dedicated for 54 per month ( 1 GB storage + 60 Gb transfer )

I have been with F5Hosting for 2 years and I have only good things to say about them – Except for the price. Lately I see some awesome deals like HostRocket.com rollover 60 GB p/m transfer for 10 dollars p/m.

The biggest plus with F5 hosting is their support. VERY nice, smart, friendly and almost instant. I don’t care if its 5 in the morning day after thanksgiving, when I submit a ticket I get a response in 5-10 min. Plenty of times they fixed errors on my site, installed some scripts I needed help with – Heck they even installed my board when I was a noob to this vBulletin script. All for free. Also I can’t complain about their speed.

Overall on a scale from 1 to 10 I rate F5Hosting.com a solid 8 (The only things that bug me is the price, and that some times they complain about too many users on the board)

WebHostingTalk.com has a lot of reviews, and so does google.

I use SirenHost.co.uk and throw some users in the direction of HiveMailHost or ViperHost too. There is also ev1 and VO and HR. But .. 50/50 reviews on those.

Good luck finding one that suits your needs and keeps you satisfied.

Comment

i was initially on tera-byte, but the database was so slow it was unbeleivable, also their support was quite poo, and they charged me to move between hosting deals, when the charges were broken down, it terms out that half of what they were charging me for i wasn't getting, and they refused to move the files for me. they're cheap but not really a fan i guess.

i'm now on hosting-matters, i think they're great and they'll do me wonders till i need to re-review my hosting situation, they've got awesome support too

Comment

Site5 for me.

For the ~15 months I have been with them, they have been great. Server outages are rare, competent staff, fast support, always up to date with the latest version of PHP/MySQL. I couldn't be happier

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X