kualo.com vs. venturesonline.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kualo.com vs. venturesonline.com

I'm looking for a GOOD reseller account. I don't mind paying a little more to get a stable service.

So far, these two have stood out.
    http://www.kualo.com/reseller/
    http://www.venturesonline.com/hosting/br3000.html

Does anyone know which one of these services are better? Any history behind them?

Also, does anyone have any other recommendations for a good SOLID reseller account?

Thanks

For my reseller account I pay 99$ a year... its with wildwestdomains.com

Its stable, reliable, and I haven't run into any probs with them either! tell'em I sent ya if ya go there lol

Comment

I have a reseller account with venturesonline and have had speed and uptime problems for about the past month+

Comment

Oh man, I was just about to sign up.

Does anyone have experience with kualo.com reselling?

Thx

Comment

We have been in the hosting business since 1997 and we must say the following. We have numerous servers. We wanted to find a out source for more servers outside of our newwork. A friend told us to check them out and we are glad we did. At the present we have 3 dedicated servers with them.

Kualo has very good upline providers, we have had the 3 servers with them since April and in that time we have had only 1 time that network went down.
          They have some of the brightness support personnel we have run across since we have been in the business. This is great company and a company that takes care of their clients.

You could not go wrong by signing up with them.

Originally posted by nwingate
          Oh man, I was just about to sign up.

Does anyone have experience with kualo.com reselling?

Thx
          Real Web Host

Comment

as of this moment, I would NOT recommend VO.

Sure, they are fairly quick in their support response, but based on my own experience with my own reseller account, they are not quick to provide solutions.

I'm at 12 days since I've submitted a lag/site down trouble ticket and there's been no resolution. My sites are performing worse now than they did 12 days ago, and the ticket is still open.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish hostrocket had a better reseller program.

Comment

The issues I'm having are shared by those who reside on the same server as me. Therefore, it's difficult for me to NOT recommend VO as a whole, since my problem appears to be somewhat isolated, and as of this moment, possibly fixed.

Shortly after posting the above post, I received an update from the VO staff informing me of email abuse that was hogging resources. My assumption is that it may have been hiding behind the attention the mydoom virus was requiring. Since they told me they fixed the problem and removed the abuser, my sites have been running extremely fast. I like to think that the issue is resolved once and for all, and I'll go back to the quality of service I enjoyed from VO for several months prior to this episode.

Just wanted to give them equal time.

Comment

Ventures Online has been GOING DOWN THE TOILET for the past month.

I cannot recommend them at all. My $90/mo VPS is EXTREMELY slow (reported by many visitors to my forum) and their response to my last helpdesk ticket when I told them I was leaving was basically "don't let the door hit you on the way out".

All this since they got bought out by Data393.
                Last edited by feldon23; Mon 16 Feb '04, 10:48pm.

Comment

Give them a break, such a merger often is not easy to handle.
                  They are working on it.
                  I am with VO since 2001 and ok, their service was outstanding and now dropped a bit, but they are still a good company!
                  More than 10 years experience in building communities!
                  Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

I found out that they are using Ensim's VPS software. Nobody's really happy about how this VPS software runs. VO's competitors are using differerent VPS software.

Comment

HiveMailHost.Com is another choice you can look at. You might like their prices and hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by HiveHost
                        HiveMailHost.Com is another choice you can look at. You might like their prices and hardware.
                        Forgive me HiveHost, but isn't this a conflict of interest for you?
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

busted

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            Forgive me HiveHost, but isn't this a conflict of interest for you?
                            ZAP!!!

Comment

This isn't really a conflict of interest as I didn't say whether or not our service would be any better, just that they might be worth checking out. If I would have said that we stand head and shoulders above VO and Kualo, then it would have been a confilct of interest. The original thread holder asked and we answered.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X