Hostrocket & Venturesonline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostrocket & Venturesonline

Between Venturesonline.com - http://www.venturesonline.com/Dedica...d_servers.html and Hostrocket - http://hostrocket.com/v2/dedicated.html who would you choose? I am currently hosted by Virtualis on a DEDA2.

Ummm I'm interested in an answer too. Anyone wanna help us out? Which company is better for either virtual or dedicated hosting, with Vbulletin. I read posts about Vbulletin not good with raqs, whatever that means, I'm wondering if 1 of these 2 companies will be good?

Comment

Venturesonline.com is better~~~~ i'm currently using dedicated server #2.

Comment

I use venturesonline, too, though mine is a custom package. I've gotten great service thus far from them and the speed is pretty good, too.

Daniel and Paul are both very helpful and friendly.
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

Hostrocket.com

I started with HostRocket.com almost two weeks ago. I was down last Saturday two times for some time.

I am down today, all morning. I can't send a trouble ticket through the online support.

HostRocket.com has been very responsive and helpful. I don't know whether this happens very often.

However, I want to try venturesonline.com, but today their site won't come up either.

I'm having to build a tree house instead of working on my site.
          Last edited by zerzig; Fri 16th Mar '01, 6:20am.
          Any philosophy that can be put into a nutshell belongs there.

Comment

the NOC that the venturesonline (and many others') servers are at is down right now. They are definite;y working on getting it back up.
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

it looks like a major router (BGP?) is down, that's what's causing it...
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

i also use venturesonline, i've just been talking to paul and he says it should be back up soon.

Comment

I echo zerzig's comments. Hostrocket has been very responsive to date, but my site has been down all morning as well. I hope this is just an anomaly.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    I echo zerzig's comments. Hostrocket has been very responsive to date, but my site has been down all morning as well. I hope this is just an anomaly.
                    VDI is having major problems and many of their customers *like hostrocket* have temporarily lost their connection to the net. *sigh*

Comment

Who the heck is VDI and do they normally have problems of this magnitude? It's inconceivable to me how any major web hosting company can be down for this long.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Liquidweb appears to be down as well. Any connection with VDI for them does anyone know? I can't get to any of my hosted sites there (3 of them) or their main page, but their telephone system status message says everything is online and operational. (And I couldn't get a hold of a representative either)

Comment

VDI is a major NOC that houses servers for a lot of hosting companies.

The problem is with MCI's router from what I'm told, not VDI. Apparently they have a major router that went down and are attempting to rebuild the BGP session table.

From what I've gathered thus far, that table holds the IP info for a LOT of people.
                          Webmaster:
                          @forumz

Comment

Does anyone know if below10host.com is VDI-based? My site (hosted with below10) has been down all day too.

Comment

Daniel and Paul are good guys, well Daniel is don't really know Paul so I should't add him to the list... but I heard the problem was elsewhere. This is too frustrating. Can't trust VDI anymore. I have an idea. This is just a thought right now but I'd like to offer it up to people to think about whether I choose to go along with it or not.

VDI has triple redundancy (HAHAHA) but when one site goes down, the redundancy never kicks in so what's the use. But why can't we have redundancy?

I'm paying for dedicated server. You are too. Why not make a deal with a fellow VBer to "share" a server for emergency situations.

So I'm on one network, you are on another. I send a daily backup of my vb to your host and you send your to my host. If either site goes down, then we build a vb on the backup site and just point the dns to the other server temporarily. As long as the DNS server isn't down, is this doable?

Wasn't VDI down for like 4 weeks once?

maybe I should start a new thread. OK I will.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X