Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for cheap host

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for cheap host

    If there's such a thing

    Well, anyway. I run a vb [d'oh ] and I was actually quite happy with my current host, until they decided to move servers and things got heaps slow. That got all my users [170+] complaining to me.

    BUT! here's the down part - My cards are maxed; my parents are angry; I'm broke. I need a cheap host for the time being, then until i resolve agreement with my parents, then i can get a good and slightly more capable server, but until then, something that goes below $4 a month, 2 gigs bandwidth? Any host?

  • #2
    Oh yeah there is.

    I host http://www.music-discussion.com at a UK company called TG Webspace (http://www.tg-webspace.co.uk). Just check out their prices for hosting with MY-SQL and PHP.

    I have never had any problems with them, and speed is very good. Take a look at Music Discussion to prove it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well impressed with that speed M8 .. what package are you using please .. if you don't mind me asking

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.tg-webspace.co.uk/dedicated/index.htm

        Read the bottom:

        Price is £65 per month, with £199 setup fee. Can take up to two weeks for the server to go online as we build to order. Place order

        Ok, that sounds fine... but they only offer 14 Days MBG.

        Comment


        • #5
          By far, http://www.PDWEBS.COM is the best and least expensive host I have used. 5 Months now and I am extremely happy with their excellent service and prices. Give them a try!
          TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Unfortunately, they aren't opening hosting, and judging by the forums, not any time soon. Any more, guys?

            Comment


            • #7
              I sent you a PM

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tsboards
                Unfortunately, they aren't opening hosting, and judging by the forums, not any time soon. Any more, guys?
                Not sure why. PM pdwebs0000 on AIM and see if they will soon. They are a good service and their prices are dirt cheap. Hopefully they will accept soon.
                TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  have they worked out their problems they had a month or so ago? where the whole month was pretty much down? I hope so Gl with the hosting

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In response

                    Originally posted by rocol
                    Well impressed with that speed M8 .. what package are you using please .. if you don't mind me asking
                    I went for the business plan in the end as I needed hosting with My-SQL and PHP. I am well impressed. No problems so far

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      New To The Board!

                      Well I am sorry to see that I was to late in offering my services.
                      But I have I believe the best plans and prices available.
                      My site is currently being redesigned at the moment but I will post what I offer and what features.

                      Code:
                       
                      [Plan 1]
                      //Starter
                      5 Dollar Plan
                      50 Megs Space
                      1,000 Meg Bandwidth
                       
                      [Plan 2]
                      //Bronze
                      10 Dollar Plan
                      100 Megs Space
                      1,500 Meg Bandwidth
                       
                      [Plan 3]
                      //Silver
                      15 Dollar Plan
                      300 Megs Space
                      3,000 Meg Bandwidth
                       
                      [Plan 4]
                      //Gold
                      30 Dollar Plan
                      1,000 Megs Space
                      10,000 Meg Bandwidth
                       
                      [Plan 5]
                      //Platinum
                      50 Dollar Plan
                      2,500 Megs Space
                      20,000 Meg Bandwidth
                       
                      All Plans Include The Following:
                       
                      Unlimited Subdomains (sub.domain.com) 
                      Unlimited POP3 Email accounts ([email protected]) 
                      Unlimited Email Autoresponders 
                      Unlimited Email Forwarding 
                      Unlimited Email Aliases 
                      Unlimited Mailing Lists 
                      Unlimited Mail Blockers 
                      Unlimited mySQL Databases 
                      Unlimited Domain Pointers (Pointed to Main Domain) 
                      Unlimited FTP Accounts 
                      cPanel v8.5.4 In Spanish, French, Russian, German, Chinese, 
                      Portuguese and more!
                      Email Manager (manage all aspects of your mail account) 
                      E-Mail SMTP Server (mail.yourdomain.com) 
                      Spam Filter System 
                      Sendmail Support 
                      Crontabs 
                      Mailing Lists Manager 
                      Secure Shell (SSH) / Telnet Access 
                      Virtual FTP Server 
                      Interchange Shopping Cart
                      SSL Secure Server (https://) - shared 
                      Your own CGI-bin (executable anywhere) 
                      Web-based File Manager 
                      Microsoft® FrontPage Extensions 
                      Detailed Web statistics (Webalizer, FTP Statistics, Analog) 
                      HTML, XHTML, VRML, WAP, WML, Wireless, Shockwave, Flash Ready 
                      PHP 4.2.3 w/Cache 
                      Perl 5.x 
                      Server Side Includes 
                      Python, Tcl C, C++ 
                      mySQL Server + PhpMyAdmin 
                      Preinstalled CGI Scripts 
                      WWW and Non-WWW Access (e.g. www.domain.com / domain.com) 
                      Modification of MIME types 
                      Customizable 404 Error Pages 
                      Password Protect Directories 
                      File Management Tools 
                      FREE Chat Room 
                      Free Big Name Script Installation of these scripts: PHP-Nuke, osCommerce, 
                      InvisionBoard, phpBB2, and vBulletin (Provided you have valid license)
                      I also create custom accounts.
                      Contact me if you need me.
                      All my contact info is in my profile.
                      Well I am off to browse the board.
                      I think I will creat a thread later advertising my hosting for others to enjoy.

                      KmrDrow

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks everyone for their responses, and another big thankyou to Viper - You're the best, dude.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tsboards
                          Thanks everyone for their responses, and another big thankyou to Viper - You're the best, dude.
                          Sorry but I wouldn't trust pdwebs as far as I could throw them. We have extensive proof that trent got into a past customers account on my server and replaced their content with a very offensive page. He got into it as he knew the old clients password.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KmrDrow
                            Well I am sorry to see that I was to late in offering my services.
                            But I have I believe the best plans and prices available.
                            My site is currently being redesigned at the moment but I will post what I offer and what features.

                            Code:
                             
                            [Plan 1]
                            //Starter
                            5 Dollar Plan
                            50 Megs Space
                            1,000 Meg Bandwidth
                             
                            [Plan 2]
                            //Bronze
                            10 Dollar Plan
                            100 Megs Space
                            1,500 Meg Bandwidth
                             
                            [Plan 3]
                            //Silver
                            15 Dollar Plan
                            300 Megs Space
                            3,000 Meg Bandwidth
                             
                            [Plan 4]
                            //Gold
                            30 Dollar Plan
                            1,000 Megs Space
                            10,000 Meg Bandwidth
                             
                            [Plan 5]
                            //Platinum
                            50 Dollar Plan
                            2,500 Megs Space
                            20,000 Meg Bandwidth
                             
                            All Plans Include The Following:
                             
                            Unlimited Subdomains (sub.domain.com) 
                            Unlimited POP3 Email accounts ([email protected]) 
                            Unlimited Email Autoresponders 
                            Unlimited Email Forwarding 
                            Unlimited Email Aliases 
                            Unlimited Mailing Lists 
                            Unlimited Mail Blockers 
                            Unlimited mySQL Databases 
                            Unlimited Domain Pointers (Pointed to Main Domain) 
                            Unlimited FTP Accounts 
                            cPanel v8.5.4 In Spanish, French, Russian, German, Chinese, 
                            Portuguese and more!
                            Email Manager (manage all aspects of your mail account) 
                            E-Mail SMTP Server (mail.yourdomain.com) 
                            Spam Filter System 
                            Sendmail Support 
                            Crontabs 
                            Mailing Lists Manager 
                            Secure Shell (SSH) / Telnet Access 
                            Virtual FTP Server 
                            Interchange Shopping Cart
                            SSL Secure Server (https://) - shared 
                            Your own CGI-bin (executable anywhere) 
                            Web-based File Manager 
                            Microsoft® FrontPage Extensions 
                            Detailed Web statistics (Webalizer, FTP Statistics, Analog) 
                            HTML, XHTML, VRML, WAP, WML, Wireless, Shockwave, Flash Ready 
                            PHP 4.2.3 w/Cache 
                            Perl 5.x 
                            Server Side Includes 
                            Python, Tcl C, C++ 
                            mySQL Server + PhpMyAdmin 
                            Preinstalled CGI Scripts 
                            WWW and Non-WWW Access (e.g. www.domain.com / domain.com) 
                            Modification of MIME types 
                            Customizable 404 Error Pages 
                            Password Protect Directories 
                            File Management Tools 
                            FREE Chat Room 
                            Free Big Name Script Installation of these scripts: PHP-Nuke, osCommerce, 
                            InvisionBoard, phpBB2, and vBulletin (Provided you have valid license)
                            I also create custom accounts.
                            Contact me if you need me.
                            All my contact info is in my profile.
                            Well I am off to browse the board.
                            I think I will creat a thread later advertising my hosting for others to enjoy.

                            KmrDrow
                            Err..read the rules.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              np just glad I could help

                              and I would edit that post quickly lol not sure you are allowed to advertise here

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X