inlandhosting.net is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inlandhosting.net is gone

If you're with inlandhosting.net they have gone out of business. They didn't send their customers a notification, so be warned, the servers expire November 20th and if you haven't moved your data will be lost. There is a cheesy message at their root URL telling everyone to go to another host.

Good luck folks!
    Computer Help Forum
    An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Originally posted by noppid
    If you're with inlandhosting.net they have gone out of business. They didn't send their customers a notification, so be warned, the servers expire November 20th and if you haven't moved your data will be lost. There is a cheesy message at their root URL telling everyone to go to another host.

Good luck folks!
    Yes, they are closing up. Not entirely sure of all of the circumstances involved leading to this. We were contacted by Mike, and have worked out a deal to transfer clients to my company, at least those that are interested.
    My company is extending a free month to those coming to us from inlandhosting/theforumhost, as we know moving to a different company can make some folks uneasy.
    I do hope people are getting notified, and that they can get their files and move to another host, or accept our offer.
    Glenn

Comment

Another one bites the dust.

Comment

Isn't that a stinker noppid. Should of stayed.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

yes our customers will be in good hands at sb. They are one of the best hosts out there. That is why we gave them our customers and domains.

Joshs, we haven't biten the dust, we are focusing on IRCd customers rather then dealing with web hosting were a majority of the companies do major overselling and give you the world for two bucks and bash each other. Too much drama for me. Trents post above is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. oh well.... kids today

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Mike
            yes our customers will be in good hands at sb. They are one of the best hosts out there. That is why we gave them our customers and domains.

Joshs, we haven't biten the dust, we are focusing on IRCd customers rather then dealing with web hosting were a majority of the companies do major overselling and give you the world for two bucks and bash each other. Too much drama for me. Trents post above is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. oh well.... kids today
            Mike,

Please contact me about the Data that was lost on your server. I had major advertisers on your server. I really need the data. I have e-mailed you twice. Please contact me!

[email protected]

Dana Costello
            www.lawncafe.com

Comment

I warned you, didn't I?

I told you guys Richard (AKA Inland Mike) Anderson was a piece of work and should be avoided at all costs. I just received this email today about Inlandhosting.net/TheForumHost.com:

I saw your message on the front of your web site. I was wondering if you had any info on this guy? I am in dire straits. This guy wiped out my whole business. I have members that are e-mailing me. I am pissed. I did a search for theforumhost.com and inlandhosting.net and it is all over the web about his guy. I was wondering why the girl named Amanda was answering in both forums. I sure hope for this guy's sake that I don't find out who or where he lives.
              Brilliant. Now Richard/Mike probably has a good number of people wishing to pay him a visit. Anyone needing his contact info should contact the Better Business Bureau and report him. Unless you do, he'll continue to screw over innocent people.

PS: Anyone question now that he malciously deleted my sites with no warning? They were paid for and he not only wiped out my sites, he ripped me off the balance of the month that was paid for. No wonder why everyone wants to kick his a$$.
              Last edited by Pyromaniac; Wed 3 Dec '03, 10:04am.
              TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by davej
                Mike,

Please contact me about the Data that was lost on your server. I had major advertisers on your server. I really need the data. I have e-mailed you twice. Please contact me!

[email protected]

Dana Costello
                www.lawncafe.com
                Good luck with this. I doubt he'll return your data. Consider yourself lucky if he does!

I tried to steer people clear of this horrible business (that's the nicest thing I can say about them) and I was criticized.

I just want to say to those who thought *I* was lying, TOLD YOU SO!.

Word to the wise, keep an eye on where his links point to. Watch how he operates. He'll be back under a new name in no time posing as a new business. Watch for the same operation (forums only, no phones, no return email, etc) and you'll find him.

THEN RUN LIKE HELL OR YOU'll BE SORRY!
                TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

Comment

All I want is my info back. This was a business. Just contact me. That's all. If this is a game, I want no parts of it. I tried to give my business to the first person I saw on vbulletin. I even allowed my business to be forwarded to inlandhosting.net.

I am just asking for this guy to contact me. Just allow me to get my data and be done with it. The guy at SB-host was wonderful in trying to help. This guy is stuck with a whole lot of phone calls wondering where their pre-payment money is.

All I am asking for is a phone call or e-mail. Please! I put all my trust into this web hosting company and it was a huge mistake in not backing up my data. Maybe we can call the server company and have them transfer the data. Who knows? I am not in anyway computer or internet savy. I pay people for this.

Anyway, Please get a hold of me!

Comment

Man, good luck with this one. I have some contact info for Inlandhosting.net/TheForumHost.com that you can use when reporting him the authorities. We should take him to Court and sue his ass off. That will teach him to stop screwing with people's livelyhoods.

Comment

Davej,
                      I do hope you hear from him, and that somehow you can get your data.

I did try to arrange to have his servers kept online, or at least allow us to access the data before they where shut off, but had no luck.

Just to be clear, we are not affiliated with Mike or other previous operators of inlandhosting.net. The domains are now in my name and pointing to my forum, and we are and have been making every effort to work with people to get them back online. However, without access to the data, we are limited in what we can do.

It is unfortunate to see what has happened, and how it happened.
                      Glenn

Originally posted by davej
                      All I want is my info back. This was a business. Just contact me. That's all. If this is a game, I want no parts of it. I tried to give my business to the first person I saw on vbulletin. I even allowed my business to be forwarded to inlandhosting.net.

I am just asking for this guy to contact me. Just allow me to get my data and be done with it. The guy at SB-host was wonderful in trying to help. This guy is stuck with a whole lot of phone calls wondering where their pre-payment money is.

All I am asking for is a phone call or e-mail. Please! I put all my trust into this web hosting company and it was a huge mistake in not backing up my data. Maybe we can call the server company and have them tranfer the data. Who knows? I am not in anyway computer or internet savy. I apy people for this.

Anyway, Please get a hold of me!

Comment

Thanks Glenn,

It is a shame that you are left holding the bag. You have been more than gracious enough to try and help me.

Dana

Comment

You may very well be out of luck in terms of obtaining your data if the servers have already been shut off and cancelled -- they have probably already been wiped clen, re-imaged, and assigned to another customer.

Comment

Originally posted by sb-host
                            Davej,
                            I do hope you hear from him, and that somehow you can get your data.

I did try to arrange to have his servers kept online, or at least allow us to access the data before they where shut off, but had no luck.

Just to be clear, we are not affiliated with Mike or other previous operators of inlandhosting.net. The domains are now in my name and pointing to my forum, and we are and have been making every effort to work with people to get them back online. However, without access to the data, we are limited in what we can do.

It is unfortunate to see what has happened, and how it happened.
                            Glenn
                            Just out of curioisty, Glenn, how did you go about getting the domains so fast.....?

Why would he hand them and the billing over, just like that? This is very similar to the "excuse" Mike used when he tried to avoid lawsuits from TheForumHost.com by changing the name to Inlandhosting.net. The guy is a career criminal and if I were you, I would get rid of any association with him whatsoever.

The fact the information is being transferred so easily makes me believe this is another Richard "Dick" Anderson scam. How can you prove to us it is not?

Comment

It is a shame, I used to be hosted by theforumhost then inland once theforumhost died out. Then I went on my own and hosting others. More fun

Good luck to you though mike.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X