No announcement yet.

*sigh* I need some real help here guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it was fine. I was upgrading to vb 2.0 alpha today I think it totally ripped apart the servers resources, and I ended up deleting everything and tring again ( since I didn't know VB would do that to the server )

Im just not going to use the board for a few days heh

Comment

So your the cause of my problems?????

Just joking..... well it looks like we are sharing the same server and my forum right now is as slow as hell and most of my users have poor internet connection so its giving them hell. I just wrote the people at site5 to decide wheter I need to find a new host or not....

oh I'm 'arabiano' on that list..............
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      *--------* (IN THE NAME Of ALLAH THE MOST MERCIFUL) *------*
      ============================================================
      =================== Turki M. Al-Ballaa =================
      I am a Saudi, I am an Arab, I am a Muslim, I am a Human!!
      @@ All Humans are one, the only difference is in [email protected]@
      So peace and prosperity to all, may we all live in harmony.
      Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net

Comment

yep reindexing is very intensive my p3 733 is still working a bit doing this ...
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hey Mafukie,

Just got a similar letter like urs......... Some how vB2 is using resorces on their servers like craze..... Heres the letter I got......

Dear Turki Al-Ballaa,

Sorry for the recent trouble that you have been experiencing with your account. Unfortunately, the reason that we had to suspend your account for a bit was because your account is using too many system resources. Please look at this listing of process usage:

[email protected] [~]# /scripts/userps
          arabiano: 37
          blackgla: 2
          ebonyele: 5
          handicap: 2
          infomed: 3
          japdrama: 3
          jough: 2
          totalfan: 4
          videogam: 4

As you can see, your site is using more resources than all other sites combined. Your site is using so many system resources that it is degrading the service that we are able to provide to other customers on this machine. It is for this reason that we had no choice but to suspend your site for a short period of time. In fact, we even received a complaint from yourself with regards to the system performance as of late.

It is quite apparent that you have outgrown your Site5 hosting account. We hate to request that you find a new host, however in this situation we have no other choice.

We will, of course, give you a refund for any services that you have not used yet. We are extremely sorry to see you leave. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. If you like, we would be willing to help you transfer your files to a new host of your choice.

Thank you for your cooperation. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help you.

Best Regards,
          Site5 Billing Department
          [email protected]

========================================
          http://www.site5.com/ - Web Hosting Experts.

So any advice about hosts people?????????
          Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net

Comment

Did you run the search engine re-index? Did you complete it successfully? If so than you can ask them to re-instate your account as that was a one time thing.

Comment

they did re-instate but I did not do the search engine re-index as it failed so I turned the search off........

They are going to moniter the site during the week while I look for a new host so I will know how its doing during the next few days.....
              Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net

Comment

Just got this from my host.

It was using 60 processes, and we almost couldn't get into the server to suspend the account (that's how bad it was).

The forums are what is causing the resource usage. We will unsuspended your account, but we would appreciate if you disable the forums for now.

Best Regards,
                Site5 Billing Department
                [email protected]

========================================
                http://www.site5.com/ - Web Hosting Experts.

I wasn't even doing anything to the forum it was just working thats all.........
                Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net

Comment

haha thats great, thanks VBulletin! hehe, well I left Site5 and went to a different host. board runs fine there... good luck on finding a new host that can take VBulletins beating

Comment

*thinks*

thats alot of resources guys

Comment

What were your average # of users on at a time, and/or pageviews and posts per day when you started having these problems?

I'm on site5, too. No problems so far, but I'm worried.

Comment

runs quickly to his 2nd vB which is located on site5...phew, account still up.

I was too once suspended on site5 due to too many apache resources, however I was able to get it reactivated (I said that 60 concurrent apache processess while there was no indexing being done meant that someone was doing a DOS attack). I did upgrade to vb2 and did reindex the search, with only 20 threads at a time, was fast and no troubles.

Now if about.com's luna network would accept that site, I could finally make some normal money and move it to a dedicated...

Comment

Originally posted by doron
                          runs quickly to his 2nd vB which is located on site5...phew, account still up.

I was too once suspended on site5 due to too many apache resources, however I was able to get it reactivated (I said that 60 concurrent apache processess while there was no indexing being done meant that someone was doing a DOS attack). I did upgrade to vb2 and did reindex the search, with only 20 threads at a time, was fast and no troubles.

Now if about.com's luna network would accept that site, I could finally make some normal money and move it to a dedicated...
                          hey doron how's naboo unfortunately my site theprequels.net is having a long vacation
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Don&#039;t be scared!

Hi All,

Just to clarify, these sites were not just booted as soon as we saw a high process count. We monitor the systems constantly and watch process counts and system load. We are well aware that sites do receive traffic surges, DoS attacks and the like and we understand completely.

There are a handful of accounts on our servers who are constantly using more resources than everyone else. Of course, this is also to be expected and we usually don't take any action. However, when it gets to be so bad that an account is continually degrading service to other customers on the system, we will suspend an account and request that the webmaster locate a new host, or make an attempt to correct the problem.

Our aim here is not to "give you the boot" and forget about you . We will always *try* to keep your site up for a week to ten days while you locate a more suitable host (of course, in some cases it's so bad that we aren't even able to do this much). Heck, we'll even help you move your database and files to your new server. We just want to ensure that we are able to provide the level of service that our customers have come to expect from us.

Of course, this is not commonplace. Over the past three years, we have only had to request that about a half-a-dozen customers transfer their site, and only in the most extreme cases will we resort to this.

So.. should you be worried? Probably not. As you already know, forums are a very resource-intensive system, and can attract quite a few people. However, they would have to be pretty popular in order to seriously degrade the performance of our servers. We have hosted vBulletin forums with over six thousand members, and had little or no problems.

As always, you can email me personally if you have any questions regarding your account. My address is [email protected]

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
                            Matt Lightner
                            [email protected]

Comment

Hey Matt! Long time no see. Hope you are doing well!
                              Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Indeed I am! Thanks for asking.

It looks like you're at Catalog.com. Do you have a dedicated server there?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X