This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Shared Host

My last plan was amazing but the company was bought out and I no longer feel comfortable with the host. The site I require is fairly low end; I run vBulletin/vBPortal with around 150 registered users. The average/heavy user count was around 40-50 regulars. We only hosted .jpgs, no movies or data files.

My old package was 1GB storage, 30GB transfer, for $10. However it was a promotional rate and I do not expect to get that again. I am certainly willing to pay far more than $10 for reliable service and good tech support.

To be honest I do not know how much space I will need. Maybe 1GB is over the top? Also as I have been locked out of CPannel access for 6 weeks or so I can't safely say what sort of usage I ever had. I would like to hear from you vBulletin admins, what sort of spec's should I look for?

Goals:

Webhost willing and able to install vBulletin & vBportal. I have the licenses; they are less than 4 months old. The last time I installed these packages it took two people and a week to fix all the mistakes I made.

Host's that can suggest hacks/plugins. I tried installing one once and it messed everything up so I removed it.

Backup solution. The webhost must have a backup and restore method. I understand some places run backups but charge for restores, that fine!

Data tracking... I have no idea what size my site should. I would like to have access to tools that show me. That way I can plan for server growth and know if I need to upgrade or downsize packages. Also the ability to change packages without a penalty.

Thanks for your time!
    tpower[email protected]

go w/dr2.net, its what I use . With 150 members, you have NO need for that much space. You're probably using a fifth of that at most.

Comment

You can get 100gb Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth at hostgator.com.There always Unlimited Storage and Unmetered Bandwidth at precision-media.net. :P
      There's 7.5gb storage and 7.5gb bandwidth at hostistry.com - FREEThere's 10gb storage and 10gb bandwidth at freehostingnow.com - FREEBut with some of these hosts, I believe with freehostingnow.com doesn't accept some vBulletin Files, like the fonts. :P

Comment

Actually for $14.95/m its 1 TB space and unlim bandwidth.
        For $9.95/m its 6 TB bandwidth & 600 GB space

http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

Comment

LOL, you guys are bumping a 4 year old thread, nice.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X