Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pdwebs.com

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pdwebs.com

    could I get an update on the situation. Service was great till today I understand something went on just seeing if I could get some more info on the time it will take to get back up.

    (I am writing here because the whole site is down)

  • #2
    anyone have an idea Been close to over 4 hours now of downtime today

    Comment


    • #3
      I pm'd you, If I can be of help, let me know. A trace route shows no DNS to even there Name Servers.

      This is the main reason I do not host our site on the same network our servers are on, so if ever an outage like this happened, we can keep our customers updated on the situation.
      Last edited by Inland Mike; Mon 13 Oct '03, 6:09pm.

      Comment


      • #4
        Damon and I have been sending out emails via the mailing list, but if your subscribed email is located on the srv01, you would not have received them. The problem is due to a corrupt ifcfg-eth0 file which is being worked on by RackShack techs. If you wish, you can contact support on AOL, pdwebs0000.

        If the server is not functional by tonight, I will be restoring all sites from backup onto another backup server.

        Sorry about the downtime, but unfortunately there is nothing I or our support can do about it. Most likely all customers on srv01 will be getting a large coupon for next month's bill.

        Trent Gillespie
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes I believe my email is what my site is named and would not get the email. If and when the server comes up I will be changed that asap.

          Lets hope you guys can get it up tonight, we just moved from a host that was having issues lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Inland Mike
            I pm'd you, If I can be of help, let me know. A trace route shows no DNS to even there Name Servers.

            This is the main reason I do not host our site on the same network our servers are on, so if ever an outage like this happened, we can keep our customers updated on the situation.
            Yeah or we could use your service and have you delete our sites when we tell you we are leaving.
            TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pyromaniac
              Yeah or we could use your service and have you delete our sites when we tell you we are leaving.
              As this has been brought up a million times over, you have NEVER been a customer of ours, maybe a customer of the former owner, I'm not sure and considering two customers that left us to try out PD Webs just signed up with us again because we rock! I can not even begin to see how you came up with this idea.
              Last edited by Inland Mike; Mon 13 Oct '03, 7:00pm.

              Comment


              • #8
                This is not supposed to be a hosting contest or a host-bashing thread. We are here to discuss an issue that was brought up by unforseen circumstances. If you want to throw around insults, please do it on your own message board or through email. People who read this thread, like myself, are interested in what happened to their sites. This is not a place for advertising. If you have to advertise, do it through PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Inland Mike
                  As this has been brought up a million times over, you have NEVER been a customer of ours, maybe a customer of the former owner, I'm not sure and considering two customers that left us to try out PD Webs just signed up with us again because we rock! I can not even begin to see how you came up with this idea.
                  Please, this does NOT need to turn into a web host vs. web host battle. Please keep the comments away.

                  Anyways. Just got off the phone with RackShack again, and they said the server should be up shortly. The webtech's are repairing the corrupt file and we should have SSH access very shortly. I will keep updates posted here.
                  Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tgillespie
                    They said the server should be up shortly. The webtech's are repairing the corrupt file and we should have SSH access very shortly. I will keep updates posted here.
                    Yay! Good news.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rackshack is rebooting srv01, and service should return in a matter of minutes. Damon, Matt, and I have agreed to remain active on support until we can confirm that the machine is 100% stable.

                      Again, we apologize for today’s 5 hours of downtime.
                      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, I agree this should not be a fighting contest. My post was a helpful post for those concerned you fell off the face of the earth as even your Name Servers are not resolving,. This post did not turn hostile until your client came on here with his false and slanderous remarks towards us as he always tries to do. But he can not seem to comprehend the fact that myself and the past owner are different people. As for the folks who switched, it would be up to them to notify you of their move as we private label all our DNS services, so naming them without permission first would be a breech in our privacy policy.

                        Now that we have that cleared up, best of luck with your RS situation.

                        Mike

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          "Helpful"... That would be a matter of opinion. You have a bad rep around here from some of the reviews for your company (regardless of whether or not they are really your customer or just posing as a customer). As a result, you should watch what you post more carefully, seeing as people are more likely to interpret your post as accusing or competitive. Just my 2 cents.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by brownafroduck
                            "Helpful"... That would be a matter of opinion. You have a bad rep around here from some of the reviews for your company (regardless of whether or not they are really your customer or just posing as a customer). As a result, you should watch what you post more carefully, seeing as people are more likely to interpret your post as accusing or competitive. Just my 2 cents.
                            Fair enough, but also I do invite you to show me one post on here with someone having something bad to say about us after I took over the company and the customer did not feel it was resolved to their satisfaction. Of course this Pyro guy is null as he was never a customer of mine.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Inland Mike
                              Fair enough, but also I do invite you to show me one post on here with someone having something bad to say about us after I took over the company and the customer did not feel it was resolved to their satisfaction. Of course this Pyro guy is null as he was never a customer of mine.
                              No. Would you stop replying to this thread unless it provides something helpful? This is not a discussion about your company and its history, its about pdwebs, which has nothing to pertain to inland.

                              kthx

                              Trent Gillespie
                              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X