No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried servermatrix dedicated servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking of moving from EV1Servers to ServerMatrix. I have had no problems with EV1Servers so far but ServerMatrix do offer a lot more for the $.
    It's a tough decision.

Comment

I just signed up for the 2.8 superserver from server matrix, I'm expecting things to go well but will update you if there are any problems when the server comes online.
      Ted & the Giftery.me Team

New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
      Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)

Comment

I signed up for a SMatrix server yesterday and it's a 'plain Jane' *BSD. So far so good. Transferring files now. 24 hr setup.

Comment

Very solid place! Been there for over a month now and it has been 100% uptime and great service! I would recommend them any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Comment

ServerMatrix is much more willing to help you with support requests (they can do more for you). Calling their support phone number usually is the way to go for urgent matters.

Comment

I currently run on a VPS with cpanel. Is it difficult to go to a full dedicated? How is their documentation and help if I need it to get up and running?

Also, the firewall and ddos stuff is giving me a bit of worry in dealing with those so any clues on the magnitude of dealing with this would be great.

Thanks.

Comment

I've just ordered a server from ServerMatrix. Too bad it isn't instant setup.

Comment

There are a ton of help posts in the forum....I am a complete linux noob! and I learned how to use SSH just a month ago. And in that time I have set up SSH 2 (not sure that is the exact name, but it is where you disable root and you have to log in using another name then log in using your root pass) I have set up a APF firewall, fixed my DNS servers, extracted files from SSH and worked on them ....And I did all this from using posts in the forum lol You just have to take your time Jucs thats all.

host dont worry you wont be disappointed with the quality of the service! Top notch

Comment

I am also considering move from VO to Server Matrix. I have had no problem at all with VO but for the same price I pay for VO ($249), I could get much better spec at Server Matrix.

How's Server Matrix support? Better than VO's helpdesk response?

Comment

Originally posted by kratai
                      I am also considering move from VO to Server Matrix. I have had no problem at all with VO but for the same price I pay for VO ($249), I could get much better spec at Server Matrix.

How's Server Matrix support? Better than VO's helpdesk response?
                      I have never used VO, or their helpdesk. Servermatrix can be a little slow sometimes at updating a ticket, but recently they have been improving that. A phone call to their 1-800 number is the best way to get things handled quickly, if you need it done fast.

Server set-up has been pretty quick. The last couple I had setup took 4-6 hours, even though they tell you it will be longer.
                      Glenn

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X