VenturesOnline vs RackShack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VenturesOnline vs RackShack

Well, I keep going back and forth, and personally, I can't make a choice. Rackshack appears to give more on specs, for a lower price, but alot of people like VO. Any feedback would be appreciated.

RackShack defiantly... They have good support and good servers and prices....

Comment

I use Ventures Online Shared server, I have had a look at their dedicated servers and they are quite expensive for what they offer.

Comment

Originally posted by bahawolf
        Well, I keep going back and forth, and personally, I can't make a choice. Rackshack appears to give more on specs, for a lower price, but alot of people like VO. Any feedback would be appreciated.
        Rackshack network is stable, very few issues. If you can manage the server, or have someone help you manage it, it is a good choice. Off the bat, you will need to do a kernel update most likely, as well as several patches to get up to date. Also install a firewall, etc.....

I can highly reccomend this company and package:
        http://www.r-fx.net/linux_appsec_secbundle.php

Nothing against VO, have never used them. Have been with Rackshack since January, and have always been able to work through any issue. They are the most stable, trustworthy network I have used.

Be aware..... NO REFUNDS from Rackshack.... so if you get a server there.... be sure you get what you want. Also note: some of the P4 2.0's are actually delivered as a P4 2.4.
        Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by bahawolf
          The main difference: Rackshack servers are unmanaged, you will have to handle all admin tasks yourself. In the contrary, VO is very helpful to novice server admins and will help you where they can.
          More than 10 years experience in building communities!
          Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

I would pick Rackshack. I have been with them since Feb of this year and have no problem. No down time at all, great support, friendly people. I recommend them 100%.
            WaterWolfDomains
            http://www.WaterWolfDomains.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by walter
              The main difference: Rackshack servers are unmanaged, you will have to handle all admin tasks yourself. In the contrary, VO is very helpful to novice server admins and will help you where they can.
              Yes,

But it would be great to learn for yourself.

There are plenty of tips all over the net on how to manage your own servers.

Comment

Well, I think I might go to RackShack..
                My theory is, you get what you pay for.
                And so, I understand that I'll need to do my own updates, and do the tedious work of server management. But, I also realize RackShack has many friendly users, always ready to give a helping hand. And to conclude my point, if I'm buying a server, I'd like to be able to call the shots, so to speak. I wouldn't want major things happening when I wasn't there.

Comment

VO is great, great support, great network.

RS is good also, no support though.

Comment

Originally posted by royisher
                    Actually that’s not true, couple of times I have had problems that have turned out to be configuration problems and the rackshack support team have fixed them at no extra charge. I have been with them 2 years now and had 99% uptime, I once had a system board fail and within half an hour of reporting it they had taken the hard drive out of my server and put it in a new box and my site was back up and running

Comment

They do offer support... When we started off we were new, only knew a few Shell commands. If we ever had a problem all we did was send a Trouble Ticket and they would either solve it for us OR tell us how to do it ourselves.

Comment

Rackshack sales FAQ:

http://www.rackshack.net/english/faq...?cat=Sales#143

Most issues will be your own responsibility, but we do offer a few paid services:

System reboots - Free, just submit a trouble ticket in the members sections

System restores - If your software becomes unrecoverable, or you just want to start over, you can request a restore back to the default system configuration. All restores are done within 24 hours, although we also have an option for those rare emergencies.

Backups - We offer FTP storage space on an off-server storage array. Space can be aquired for a small monthly fee, in incriments up to 50GB. Please note, this is not an automated backup solution, you will need to FTP your files into the backup space.

Hardware upgrades - We offer a variety of harddrive and RAM upgrades for your dedicated server.
                        More than 10 years experience in building communities!
                        Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

Rackshack is definitly a good option.

I've been using my forum there for almost two years without any complain and a good price. Maybe I'll update my server to a Xeon or the higher P4 because my forum is growing a lot this days, but still a good price for what you get.
                          --
                          Christian Van Der Henst S.
                          http://www.forosdelweb.com

Comment

I've used both. VO is good for novices and if you want your servers managed - more expensive though. RS is good if you know some Linux or are wiling to learn - cheaper for what you get.

Although RS is unmanaged, their support is still quite good - in fact better some other managed hosts I've used.

Comment

Originally posted by royisher
                              VO is great, great support, great network.

I disagree, RackShack has great support in IRC. I often talk to Tom and Chris, they're great - EV1Servers is the way to go!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X