Battle Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Host

Ayo...Anyone Know a Host For $7 a month that can support like 20-30 members on at a time...
    Last edited by LilPimpnRapper; Wed 3rd Sep '03, 1:52pm.

www.theforumhost.com works very well I've had few problems with them, and the ones I did have were out of the control.

I recommend them.

Comment

well 7 bucks wont get you a whole ton,and it depends on how graphicly inclinded your forum is, styles avatars and such, its all based on bandwith

if you can afford around 10 id suggest www.viperhost.com

Comment

If the viper 150 plan enough to get a board wit around 30-40 members and the graphics will defintley be good and have more than 1 skins...

I was thinkin to try http://www.pdwebs.com/index.php?site=shared

You get all this for 13.99

4000 MB Space
        100 GB Bandwidth Per Month
        Unlimited Email/FTP Accounts
        30 MySQL Database
        Unlimited Sub Domains
        Telnet/SSH Access
        Ensim Pro 250

$13.99 Per Month

Should I Go with Them

Comment

id ask around, theres alot of a little :\ IMO

Comment

Not that I personally doubt PDWebs or their business, but $14.00 per month for 100GB of bandwidth is almost unheard of and leaves room for no profit margin, in my honest opinion. ViperHost has been open for over 1 year now so I know bandwidth costs and such fairly well, as any established host does, and 100GB of "cheap" bandwidth would cost more than $14.00 a month if purchased alone.

My guess would be that they are on a RackShack.net server (since they are using Ensim Pro, they seem to be a top distributor) and they are distributing the 700GB allowance they have and not counting on actual usage. While I could be wrong about the bandwidth allowance for the server, I can be sure that if push come to shove and all 100GB's were used for many accounts, it would be quite costly in the end for the host.

Again, I am NOT here to bash PDWebs, the member here at vBulletin is very nice (I think s/he is a staff member or the owner), but 100GB of bandwidth for $14 is "too" cheap to be honest.

Comment

yes I agree with you 100% Jon... The too good to be true rule applys here. RS offers 700gb with each server. thats a total net of $98 if you sell all 7 of these packages of $14 per 100gb. Considering the prices of RS's cheapest Ensim Pro 250 server is $119.00 and this is only for a Intel Celeron 1.3 GHz at that. 7 sites doing 100gb's a month using vB with the 10 or so hacks is gonna bring that puupy to it's knees. A 1.3GHz with 512 RAM can only take so much. Of course RS offers higher end servers for more money. But the higher in cost you go the more it means PD Webs is over-selling it's bandwidth. These guys are in their first sixty days of business and once they build a customer base, they will learn overselling = trouble. What are they going to do if they get 7 sites that really eat up a 100gb of transfer each? What happens when the eighth site pushing 100gb comes on. At RS's 60 cents per GB over your allowed 700gb thats another $60.00 - your $14.00 = $46 out of pocket for every 100gb over. Again just like Jon, this is not a personal attack on pd web's just a view on overselling as a web host.

Also thank you for your kind words Andrew
              Last edited by TheForumHost.com; Thu 4th Sep '03, 2:20am.

Comment

Personally I would suggest http://www.fuitadnet.com for a host. You can get 3GB of space and 25GB of bandwidth for $5 a month. Oh and don't think because you get so much space/bandwidth for a low price that they are crap. I have been with them for about 2 months now and have not had any serious problems and very little downtime. They have new clients signing up everyday and there servers are nice and fast. They run Ensim but are trying to get some cPanel boxes. If you don't believe me when I tell you they are good then check out there forum and ask as MANY questions as you want and give the $5 plan a try. I mean it is just $5. I don't know a host that can beat this. I really should be on their advertisment team or something.

Dark Shogun

Comment

thats abit better for costs/space but i still wouldnt go with them personally the same goes too much for too little

you shouldnt have any down time

Comment

Would ViperHost the $10.95 be enough things for my site...Around 30 or 40 members at a time...and real good graphics.

Or wld it be better if i went wit the forumhost.com with this plan

· 800 MB disk space
                    · 35 GB traffic
                    · Unlimited POP/SMTP accounts
                    · Unlimited email aliases and autoresponders
                    · 10 MySQL databases
                    · Microsoft® FrontPage® extensions support
                    · Web site statistics package
                    · Your own CGI-bin including FormMail, Counter, Guestbook, and Messageboard scripts
                    · Daily backup

If i did get forumhost.com....wld it say www.mysite.forumhost.com or is their no forumhost.com

Comment

Im sure the forum host would give you a sub domain like that if you asked for it, but a domain name would be better http://yoursite.com

Comment

Thanks Liquid.. That is correct, you can use your own domain with us or you can use a sub domain like lilrapper.theforumhost.com Also we just finished building a system into our site that will allow you to sign up and fully configure your account and set up your cPanel in real time.
                        Last edited by TheForumHost.com; Thu 4th Sep '03, 11:05pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
                          thats abit better for costs/space but i still wouldnt go with them personally the same goes too much for too little

you shouldnt have any down time
                          Sorry but finding a host that can five you 100% uptime is rare and not cheap at all. I bet even vbulletin.com's host doesn't have 100% uptime. The only downtime I had was at like 4 in the morning when they were upgrading urchin or ram or something. As I said check out there forum and ask as many questions as you need and if you dare sign up for the $5 a month plan for a month and then discide if you want to keep them or not.

Dark Shogun

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Shogun
                            Sorry but finding a host that can five you 100% uptime is rare and not cheap at all. I bet even vbulletin.com's host doesn't have 100% uptime. The only downtime I had was at like 4 in the morning when they were upgrading urchin or ram or something. As I said check out there forum and ask as many questions as you need and if you dare sign up for the $5 a month plan for a month and then discide if you want to keep them or not.

Dark Shogun
                            I mite signup with them for the $5 a month plan as it's just what i need and very affordable.

Comment

www.arteryplanet.com is a great host, I currently use them. 200 MB of space, 4 GB xfer a month, fast servers, great support! 5$ a month or 20$ for 6 months, I forgot the yearly rate, though.

5/5 for them

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X