Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Forums

Hello there,

I have decided to start a new online community and I just wanted to suggestions on webhosting, required features, average bandwith and space needed. I am think that I will get a max of 400 members.

Originally posted by XBLUEX
    Hello there,

I have decided to start a new online community and I just wanted to suggestions on webhosting, required features, average bandwith and space needed. I am think that I will get a max of 400 members.
    I would try www.pdwebs.com. They have a lot of choices. I'm with them and so far so good. Fast servers, good customer service and very inexpensive prices.

There are some to avoid as well. Since vBulletin doesn't want that sort of stuff posted here, just PM or email me and I'll tell you who to avoid.
    TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by XBLUEX
      Hello there,

Required features? Most hosts will have all of the features *required* to do the job. The *desired* features are usually what makes a difference.

Start by emailing the host with a few question; see how they answer you, if the answer is complete, and is replied to in a timely manner.

Billing: Do they use a payment method that you are comfortable with?

Control Panel: cPanel, Ensim, Plesk are the most common. You should try a demo of them, and take your preference in to consideration when choosing a host.

Contact info: the more alternative ways to contact the host the better. Phone, email, Instant Messenger, help desk etc..... You never know when you will need to contact them, and alternatives are good in case the servers are down for some reason.

Space and Bandwidth; Not as much a you would think when starting out. So I would not go overboard on getting a huge account, if your host will allow you to upgrade to a larger Spec account when that time comes that you need more space and bandwidth.

Be flexible, take your time. Nothing worse than signing up with a host only to find they are not the right fit for you.

Hope this helps a little.
      Glenn

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X