Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of server do I need for my rather large forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of server do I need for my rather large forum?

I would like to ask the advice of some of the people who are running huge vb forums.. I have a forum about 2000 posts daily, 50k daily pageviews on average, 100k at most. I have maybe 150-200 concurrent connections at peak time on a regular day. There wouldn't be anything on the server apart from the forum. Is anyone running forums like this or bigger? What kind of servers do you use and what would you recommend for me?

Dedicated maybe an option but probably your board doesnt need anything that drastic. I think you can probably get away with going with a host that provides near dedicated solutions. You might want to got to wht to find something like that.
    Last edited by Liquid-Host.net; Wed 20th Aug '03, 4:10am.

Comment

Well I thought someone running a comparable forum would have some experience and might give me some pointers based on that.

Comment

http://pokemon706.com/hosting/plans.html Check out the reseller plan, i would think it would be pretty good.

Comment

www.viperhost.com has new community plans, and to be pluggin for my self as well as viperhost if you do get a plan use referal id 7 please

www.viperhost.com is owned by Saintdog

also i belive if you use my referal id you get a free skin from vBTdesign.com

at least thats what it says in my panel
          Last edited by Zachery; Sun 24th Aug '03, 11:11am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X