Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevinj
    replied
    In my honest opinion, you get what you pay for, in most cases. You'd be better off paying for some webspace with php/mysql support because the free services such as lycos are either slow/unreliable and/or have adds. Running any type of forums with popups/adds is not something users will like.

I've recently found www.beamhost.co.uk and was using phpbb for a while, but am going to purchase vb. beamhost are a pretty nice host.

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    There are some free hosts out there that will give you PHP and mySQL access to run a forum on, but generally speaking they will be overcrowded servers, you may well end up with adverts placed on your site, and with hosting 99.9% of the time you generally get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Like he said, generally your ISP gives you web space that is incorporated with your email. Email services do not require php/mysql, so therefore the hosting does not have these features.

Leave a comment:

• Liquid-Host.net
    replied
    I dont think that there are any ISP's that give out free mysql and php... ISPs usually give out space for plain html etc.

And vBulletin is easy to set up. If you cant do it then some hosts might install it for you free of charge*Hint Hint*

Leave a comment:

• CraigSmith
    started a topic UK Hosts

UK Hosts

I'm considering setting up a VBulletin board, but going about it is going to be difficult. I need a host, obviously. I have free webspace, gifted to me by my ISP, would it be possible for me to upload my board to their server? Or would the simplicity of that service make the idea unfeasable? If not, could I be recommended a good host to go with, preferably in the UK?

And as you can see, I'm fairly inexperienced in this field, so any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X