Great Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Prices

Thought I'd share a nice host I found. OktaGone gives PHP/MySQL at great prices. Personally, thanks to a sale, I got 12 months for $2.50 a month, and since I payed for a year in advance, I didn't get a setup fee.

Nice to hear. $2.50 a month seems quite low. Hope your happy
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
      Nice to hear. $2.50 a month seems quite low. Hope your happy
      I do not understand why hosts offer their services so cheap. I remember not that many years ago we were paying out of our asses for hosting. Yes, times have changed, but how long can you expect a host to be around if it is offering its services that low and overselling that much.

Comment

yeah, and it's ensim to... A lot of hosts nowadays either have the worst support, the worst uptime or both...
        A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs
          I do not understand why hosts offer their services so cheap. I remember not that many years ago we were paying out of our asses for hosting. Yes, times have changed, but how long can you expect a host to be around if it is offering its services that low and overselling that much.
          For real. I don't even know why $2.00 a month is even worth it. Why not give it for free..... But I can't be talking. Pdwebs has a $5 a month package
          yeah, and it's ensim to...
          They offer Cpanel too, but Ensim Pro isn't all that bad. I prefer it second to Cpanel.
          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Ensim Pro is not that bad, but I think they just offer Ensim (at least from what I gather). Cpanel still reigns top for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog
              Ensim Pro is not that bad, but I think they just offer Ensim (at least from what I gather). Cpanel still reigns top for me.
              And for me

Comment

ensim is ok (though sparse), though I never have used ensim pro. I have used cpanel for a long time now, and love it. If you are undecided on which is better for your needs, have a look at the cpanel and ensim demos to help you make up your mind. I find my customers really like cpanel, and the demodemo.com tutorials we added have really helped people get things done easily.

I have used ensim, pleask and cpanel. My choice is cpanel. Your needs may be different, so one of the others may be best for you.
                Glenn

Comment

Quote:
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Joshs

You're right! Not long! They either go under (most of the time) or they get sold out to a bigger, much higher priced company, giving you tons of headaches getting your domain and files moved over to the new company! I purposely choose a host that I think charges enough to be able to pay ALL its bills so I don't have to worry about it going under.
                  Last edited by jcerious; Sun 19 Feb '06, 2:35pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs
                    Maybe they over did the over selling part just to get cusotmers

Comment

If a company has low prices for high amounts of space and bandwidth, it's going to be hard to sell out to other companys. Whereas if the company is making quite a bit of money and has high prices it'll be much easier to sell out, take that into consideration also!

Comment

Yep, that's right. But it has happened. Interland bought icom that had $7.25 accounts. But you're right, you are more likely to go out of business than to be bought out when you offer everything for nothing. In fact, those high & unlimited bandwidth and storage places are pretty much total scams. It's just not possible to provide unlimited anything for nothing a month. At least it's not possible for long.

Comment

Yep, not forgetting it's much more attractive for hosts which have "high priced for lower feature" plans to sell as they can get some very high offers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X