Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaintDog
    replied
    If you are worried about what they will and will not do, it is best to e-mail them for confirmation . Most unmanaged servers are just that and it is up to you to take care of security and what not.

Leave a comment:

• Merlin3649
    replied
    do you know what kind of security RackForce handles? I know RS was unmanaged, but it seemed like on their website RackForce intimated that they did security things too.

Leave a comment:

• SaintDog
    replied
    Originally posted by Merlin3649
    I've had two server restores in two months due to security issues at Rackshack, and since I'm not a very experienced techie person I'm beginning to think they aren't for me. I am seriously looking at

http://www.rackforce.com

but I was wondering what all of you knew about them, what kind of experiences you may have had with them, etc. They seem really good, but it almost seems too good to be true, which is why I'm asking you all. Thanks a lot!
    No offense, but security issues are not part of their support -- they offer unmanaged servers, meaning you are to take care of security precautions, software upgrades, and so forth. RackShack deals only with hardware and OS issues last I checked.

It seems you may be looking for a managed solution, rather than unmanaged, if that is the case, you may have to look around a bit. If you can deal with unmanaged, but want great support, check PriorityColo.com -- I have been doing business with Myles and PC for over a year now and they have NEVER done me wrong .

Leave a comment:

• Merlin3649
    started a topic RackForce

RackForce

I've had two server restores in two months due to security issues at Rackshack, and since I'm not a very experienced techie person I'm beginning to think they aren't for me. I am seriously looking at

http://www.rackforce.com

but I was wondering what all of you knew about them, what kind of experiences you may have had with them, etc. They seem really good, but it almost seems too good to be true, which is why I'm asking you all. Thanks a lot!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X