Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable host needed

Hi,

I have a 4 month-old board with over 400 members and 9,000 posts. It's hosted by iPowerweb, and has been running smooth. Until...

They "upgraded" MySQL to 4.0.12. Now, the forums are trashed every day or so, and I can't convince them to downgrade.

Does anyone know of an ultra-relaible host, who is NOT going to run 4.0.12?

Please give me an idea on pricing and features also.

Thanks!

Jeff

You could always try Compady http://www.compady.com ... Make sure you mention Easy-Scripts referred you though

Comment

Try:

www.venturesonline.com

Comment

Almost all my sites are at HostingMatters I have great service and support and they are ultra-reliable. HM is running MySQL 3.23.56

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
          Second that.

And FYI there is a Hosting forum; use it.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
            there using 4.0.12 or will be by the end of this week
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Or you could follow eva2000's advice which has fixed this problem every time we've tried it:

Try using mysqldump to create a sql backup your database - mysqldump guide
              at http://www.sitepoint.com/article/678

Then create a new empty database name and import the mysql sql backup back into the empty database, and edit config.php to point to the new database

Also take a read of

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Corrupte...AM_tables.html

and

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=69803
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                Incorrect, they downgraded because of the this issue, they'd be pretty foolish to upgrade again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Or you could follow eva2000's advice which has fixed this problem every time we've tried it:
                  Thanks. I'm wondering though, how does this fix the problem? If the host is still running 4.0.12, won't the new db get corrupted as well?

Comment

I'm running 4.0.12 and have never had this problem, as is true with many others. I don't recall eva's explanation but the fix does work.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was getting a few accounts at ventures online, but if they go back to 3.x then I won't

4.x is teh bomb and it shouldn't be a problem.

Just optimize and repair the post & thread table and it is all sweet to go.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                        I was getting a few accounts at ventures online, but if they go back to 3.x then I won't

4.x is teh bomb and it shouldn't be a problem.

Just optimize and repair the post & thread table and it is all sweet to go.
                        I'm on their v500 plan so I didn't have any say in the matter, maybe they switched off auto update on cpanel?

Then again, they have had to work on the server I'm on to sort some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                          Incorrect. VO upgraded to 4.x MySQL several weeks ago.

Now ALL shared servers are downgraded and running latest 3.x for quite a while now.

Comment

iPowerweb sucks! Plain and simple. And they know they suck that's why they don't have an online forum like the good folks here at vBulletin.

I was with iPowerweb for a short while but after so many screwups from them, I took them up on their 30 day money back offer. (which also proved to be a chore) It was a total nightmare dealing with them. Im with Lunar pages now and they are fantastic!!! http://www.lunarpages.com Lunar has an online forum http://www.lunarforums.com/ so you can get help when you need it (and it's lightning fast) and you can talk to other users of their hosting services. Just try that with iPower. All you have to go on with them is what "they" say. They don't even have an FAQ!! You have to write them if you need anything and most times, they don't write back. Want to try the phone instead for that important question? Get ready to pay long distance charges while they put you on an endless hold.

Sorry to rant but I want to warn everyone I can about that outfit. STAY AWAY!

Comment

Originally posted by bobs409
                              iPowerweb sucks!...Sorry to rant but I want to warn everyone I can about that outfit. STAY AWAY!
                              What about HyTek Hosting? Does anyone have experience with them?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X