Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a whois, and it looks like WhiteRage is hosted by WhitePowerHosting.com, not Vb-host.com

Comment

Originally posted by LavaNoX
      I did a whois, and it looks like WhiteRage is hosted by WhitePowerHosting.com, not Vb-host.com
      Nah, with vbhost (TFH theforumhost) you get 3 ips, one for your site, two for your own private name servers if you wish to make them). The ns you see is a nameserver pointing to the old datacenter in orange county, and another pointing to the new datacenter in vienna, va. I don't know what that guy is doing. Perhaps still propagating his IP's to the new datacenter. *shrugs*

-Jon

Comment

White Rage is hosted by a company called 1st Amendment Hosting. Until our move they were a reseller of ours on our old server. When we moved to our new datacenter, they did not and are still hosting in our old facility.

Comment

anybody heard anything good about this...right now im on cihost, i know i know, i cry for myself too...lol.....anybody, is it the real deal, is it fast etc...

Peace

Comment

Define real deal? I have no complaints, the server is very speedy. I have problems with database corruptions but I have no reason to believe it's on the server end considering the boards the host runs don't corrupt...also he's been very supportive and willing to down grade to 3.x if I need to.

-Jon

Comment

They use decent hardware in a decent datacentre.

I fully recomend them.

Much better than cihost

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Reality
                I signed up with them last night and so far so good, I'm waiting for my DNS to propogate still and haven't setup my board but they seem great.

-Jon
                I came your post here this morning and went and looked at vB-Host.com and it does look good. It would appear that it has been nearly a month since you posted your original comment. Would you apprise me and others here regarding your experience with vB-Host.com since your post on the subject as I'm looking for a host myself.

Their $14.95US looks about right for me if what they promise is for real.

Comment

Originally posted by RonH.
                  I came your post here this morning and went and looked at vB-Host.com and it does look good. It would appear that it has been nearly a month since you posted your original comment. Would you apprise me and others here regarding your experience with vB-Host.com since your post on the subject as I'm looking for a host myself.

Their $14.95US looks about right for me if what they promise is for real.
                  Actually I started off with what you're looking at, but since upgraded to the next package. Like I said previously, I really have no complaints, the support I get is way better then my previous host. The way everything is setup with his site being a site/message board all in one makes everything nice and easy. He's been quite supportive of how my site and every other site he hosts operates, and if something is wrong, he tries his best to fix things.

-Jon

Comment

Actually I started off with what you're looking at, but since upgraded to the next package. Like I said previously, I really have no complaints, the support I get is way better then my previous host. The way everything is setup with his site being a site/message board all in one makes everything nice and easy. He's been quite supportive of how my site and every other site he hosts operates, and if something is wrong, he tries his best to fix things.

-Jon
                    I went there and saw where you've been posting. I really think that this just might work for me. I tried to sign up using their secure method system but for some reason unknown to me or to them it refused to process my Visa credit/debit card. I'd already used it for two other transactions this morning prior to trying to sign with them, one for buying a vBulletin OWNED License here.

So I'm now in the process of obtaing a PayPal account and pay that way, that was their suggestion. Inconveinient for me as I now have to wait 2-3 business days before I can use PayPal (account verification) but what the hey. But they might want to look into this problem so it doesn't happen to others as it may scare off others not so inclined to accomodate them as I am doing.

Comment

I went there and saw where you've been posting. I really think that this just might work for me. I tried to sign up using their secure method system but for some reason unknown to me or to them it refused to process my Visa credit/debit card. I'd already used it for two other transactions this morning prior to trying to sign with them, one for buying a vBulletin OWNED License here.

So I'm now in the process of obtaing a PayPal account and pay that way, that was their suggestion. Inconveinient for me as I now have to wait 2-3 business days before I can use PayPal (account verification) but what the hey. But they might want to look into this problem so it doesn't happen to others as it may scare off others not so inclined to accomodate them as I am doing.
                      Yeah, sorry to hear about that. Some people aren't as understanding as some of us though, this is a new company and there will always be kinks that need to be worked out, no matter who it is.

-Jon

Comment

Yeah, sorry to hear about that. Some people aren't as understanding as some of us though, this is a new company and there will always be kinks that need to be worked out, no matter who it is.

-Jon
                        Well, I've waited this long so I can wait a bit longer. PayPal now tells me that it will take an additional 3-4 business days to eltronically transfer funds from my bank to PayPal. Geesh, paper checks take that long to actually change hands.

Ah well, it'll be worth it though. I'm generally a patient individual on most matters. I just can't download vBulletin until I provide Jelsoft with the site address. A question, it is the site address that theForumHost.com will provide me is the one that is required here isn't it? I have several Domain Names I own but that isn't what Jelsoft is looking for now is it? Thanks.

Comment

Well, I've waited this long so I can wait a bit longer. PayPal now tells me that it will take an additional 3-4 business days to eltronically transfer funds from my bank to PayPal. Geesh, paper checks take that long to actually change hands.

Ah well, it'll be worth it though. I'm generally a patient individual on most matters. I just can't download vBulletin until I provide Jelsoft with the site address. A question, it is the site address that theForumHost.com will provide me is the one that is required here isn't it? I have several Domain Names I own but that isn't what Jelsoft is looking for now is it? Thanks.

Hi Ron,

You are the first I seen have a problem getting approved using 2 Checkout. I am very flattered you are going the extra mile and getting a paypal account to host with us. If you would like, you can sign up now as I see you really want to get started and just pay us once paypal deposits your money. You can send me the domain name you wish to use, the login password and the package you want to buy to [email protected] and I will see to it that it gets configured for you. Thank you in advance for your business.

Comment

vB-Host... you may want to make sure your hosting plans can be seen on your site. At the moment they don't show up unless you make your thread view longer than 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by vB-Host.com
                              Hi Ron,

You are the first I seen have a problem getting approved using 2 Checkout. I am very flattered you are going the extra mile and getting a paypal account to host with us. If you would like, you can sign up now as I see you really want to get started and just pay us once paypal deposits your money. You can send me the domain name you wish to use, the login password and the package you want to buy to [email protected] and I will see to it that it gets configured for you. Thank you in advance for your business.

Check your email as I have done as you instructed and much thanks for your offer. I went down to my bank yesterday (Friday) for other matters and during the course of my business there I had a need to setup a new service they offer and I related my problem to my bank representative I had with the secure payment system you use.

I asked that she verify the information I had supplied to the system you use and she confirmed I had the correct info and she too couldn't explain the problem. We both just chalked it up to a possible gremlin type of glitch. In any event I am now awaiting the confirmation that the funds transfer has actually been completed by my bank to my PayPal account.

As previously stated, PayPal said it should normally take 3 to 4 business day's to be completed which I suspect should be on or about June 18 or possibly June 19. In any event I won't actually upload to the site you are going to setup for me until money actually is transmitted to you via PayPal.

I'll only use it (the URL) to forward to Jelsoft here so that I can go ahead and download vBulletin and start to work on its configuration of it. Again, thank you for what you are doing as I am very appreciative.

Ron H.

Comment

[QUOTE=Erwin].....QUOTE]

Are you this same Erwin here at this site ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X