Forum user demographics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum user demographics

I don't meet many forum enthusiasts in real life..I was wondering if it is an age thing or what? (I am 40)

Does anyone know what the 'typical' forum poster is about? Sure, they have to be intelligent and ready to converse but what else?

Of course, I can find heaps of forum users here...what do you think is the typical forum user? Or is my question just plain silly?

well, I find many of my users to be young, under 21.

my friends from high school, and around here who are signed up, at first couldn't figure out what to do on the boards, now they're regulars, heh.

so it varies I guess

Comment

That really depends on the forum - I guess one about parentship has different posters than one about Digimon
      More than 10 years experience in building communities!
      Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

Thanks...

I am setting up my own forum (I will be leasuing vBulletin as it has the best interface) so I have been thinking about all things 'forum'. I guess I was wondering what is it about forum users that seperate them from chat-room users? I personally have no interest in chat rooms (can't take them seriously) but that is my own personal opinion...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X