Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who supplies the cheapest dedicated servers on the internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who supplies the cheapest dedicated servers on the internet?

Hi

Who supplies the cheapest dedicated servers on the internet? Windows and Linux.

Regards

Stoosh

Did you check out rackshack.net?

Comment

I've got a Rackshack server. It's been great. $99/month, I've had probably 5 minutes of downtime in the whole year+ that I've had it.

They're totally unsupported, though, so if you don't know Linux/Apache/sendmail/whatever, be prepared to spend some time learning. The control panel (depending on which one you get) makes it pretty much plug-and-play, though, if you don't need any custom mods.
      iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

Thanks,

Are there any cheap Windows servers?

Comment

Check out Valueweb: http://www.valueweb.net. I've been there three years and quite happy with their service.

Originally posted by Stoosh
          Hi

Regards

Stoosh

Comment

$159's aint cheap in my book...
            Is it true that "Cannibals" don't eat Clowns because they taste funny? :eek:

Comment

You get what you pay for generally, I have seen mixed feelings on RackShack, but if you are happy, then that's all that can be said .

For a quality server, $159 is nothing, I promise you. I've seen 1-1.5GHz, 512MB, 100-200GB Bandwidth servers for $500+ per month with a setup fee and much selling for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolodex
                $159's aint cheap in my book...
                That is cheap. Do you want to know how much my Xeon is? A quality service like SaintDog mention - will cost alot more. If you want the 'cheapest', the risk in getting 'stuck' in poor bandwidth or management is higher than opting for a decent provider.

What do you prefer. A website with 99% uptime and excellent transfer rate or a yo-yo?

Comment

Thanks,

Are there any cheap Windows servers?

If you REALLY want to go down the windows road, rackshack are starting to offer Windows servers in early May i believe

Quality Hosting - Viper Internet
                  We Make Server Management Easy! - EasyServerManagement.COM

Comment

Look into a VDS server. check out http://www.webhostingtalk.com

Comment

Hi

Regards

Stoosh
                      Why Windows? Linux/BSD is far better for hosting. If you are going to shell out to buy your own, get the best

http://theplanet.com/ is the host that PCExtreme.net uses, and we haven't had any problems with them at all. Tech support even helped out when I FUBAR'd the MySQL/Apache servers, for free (Their service doesn't cover software support, but they do it ) We pay $150 a month for a 2GHz P4, 40GB HDD (8MB cache), 512MB RAM, 500GB trans, and 8IP's. If you were to buy now, they have 2.4GHz P4's for the same price

Comment

Working...
                      X