Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul
    replied
    Not necessarily. I'm assuming, of course, that VO's pricing includes the cost for managed support. We are at a point where no longer need fully managed support beyond any physical labor that would need to be done to the machine.

Rackshack would not fit our needs, nor would we want to align ourselves with a company with such a poor record of fighting spam. I appreciate the input though.

Webreseller doesn't appear to have any packages below a $200 range.

Thanks,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Coreace
    replied
    When you say 'can't afford' VO, that means you will have to look for 'cheaper' options and perhaps sacrifice reliability/ performance.

Rackshack and webreseller are two options for you.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    started a topic Need to go dedicated, can't afford VO

Need to go dedicated, can't afford VO

Hi all,

I'd be interested to hear any suggestions or advice regarding switching hosting providers. While we simply could not be happier with Ventures Online's support and service, we cannot justify the additional expense of moving to the next larger package.

At this point, our administrators feel that a dedicated server is the way to go, however in our searches to find a reputable, affordable provider, we've had some difficulty narrowing providers down.

Our main goals for a new provider are:
    • Limited support service (guaranteed hardware replacements, rebooting if necessary--although a reboot switch would be ideal, ability to upgrade server specs--memory, diskspace, et. al) for a one-time fee and not monthly)
    • SLA of 99.99% availability or higher.
    • Multiple tier-1 backbone connections (preferably not cogent).
    • A company that other vBulletin users have had positive, long-term experiences with.
    I appreciate any suggestions you could offer us, along with any experiences you've had with the company in question. I appreciate those who suggested Ventures Online to us in the past, which is undoubtedly an excellent, although pricey, company to work with.

Best wishes,
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul; Wed 5th Feb '03, 10:57am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X