Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairly cheap host for the 80-100 gb range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coreace
    replied
    Originally posted by Chruser
    Well, my current host has asked me to leave as my forum consumes up to around 80-100 gb monthly, which he considers to be slightly too much for a virtual account. Also, I've managed to bring the *NIX load up to levels of 7.5 on a 2.4 ghz computer with 1024 mb ram. He disabled my forums temporarily, and the load went back to 0.2.

I could really use some advice for a good host, as I'm not quite ready to pay for a dedicated server yet. Actually, if someone can think of a decent, cheap host, I would likely be willing to pay for one.
    That server load is too much. Have you any hacks installed? PM and I can have a look at your current design and layout.

Leave a comment:

• yetdog111
    replied
    Originally posted by f-a_org
    Well try
    www.e-starr.net
    resellers
    go to the 90 gb one !
    Anyone have any experience with these guys? I am currently on the old V650 plan at VenturesOnline, and while I'm more than happy w/ the performance and uptime as well as the support, it's getting a tad expensive w/ all the extra bandwidth we use.

Leave a comment:

• corley
    replied
    please, do not tell me your signature is avril lavigne

Leave a comment:

• f-a_org
    replied
    Well, my current host has asked me to leave as my forum consumes up to around 80-100 gb monthly, which he considers to be slightly too much for a virtual account. Also, I've managed to bring the *NIX load up to levels of 7.5 on a 2.4 ghz computer with 1024 mb ram. He disabled my forums temporarily, and the load went back to 0.2.

I could really use some advice for a good host, as I'm not quite ready to pay for a dedicated server yet. Actually, if someone can think of a decent, cheap host, I would likely be willing to pay for one.
    Well try
    www.e-starr.net
    resellers
    go to the 90 gb one !

Leave a comment:

• corley
    replied
    It takes about 120 people (including guests) for me to bring it up to those levels.
    for some reason that seems really outrageous of a load level for 120 people. but havent messed with vbulletin much.

verio has a VPS[virtual private server] that has unlimited bandwith. costly though, as much as a dedicated server.

http://www.interland.com has unlimited bandwith at a less costly price.

Leave a comment:

• Chruser
    replied
    Originally posted by corley
    how many people do you have on your forums at a time to bring your load up 7.5 ?
    It takes about 120 people (including guests) for me to bring it up to those levels.

Leave a comment:

• corley
    replied

how many people do you have on your forums at a time to bring your load up 7.5 ?

Leave a comment:

• Chruser
    started a topic Fairly cheap host for the 80-100 gb range?

Fairly cheap host for the 80-100 gb range?

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X