Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairly cheap host for the 80-100 gb range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairly cheap host for the 80-100 gb range?

Well, my current host has asked me to leave as my forum consumes up to around 80-100 gb monthly, which he considers to be slightly too much for a virtual account. Also, I've managed to bring the *NIX load up to levels of 7.5 on a 2.4 ghz computer with 1024 mb ram. He disabled my forums temporarily, and the load went back to 0.2.

I could really use some advice for a good host, as I'm not quite ready to pay for a dedicated server yet. Actually, if someone can think of a decent, cheap host, I would likely be willing to pay for one.

Originally posted by Chruser
    Well, my current host has asked me to leave as my forum consumes up to around 80-100 gb monthly, which he considers to be slightly too much for a virtual account. Also, I've managed to bring the *NIX load up to levels of 7.5 on a 2.4 ghz computer with 1024 mb ram. He disabled my forums temporarily, and the load went back to 0.2.

I could really use some advice for a good host, as I'm not quite ready to pay for a dedicated server yet. Actually, if someone can think of a decent, cheap host, I would likely be willing to pay for one.
    how many people do you have on your forums at a time to bring your load up 7.5 ?

Comment

Originally posted by corley
      how many people do you have on your forums at a time to bring your load up 7.5 ?
      It takes about 120 people (including guests) for me to bring it up to those levels.

Comment

It takes about 120 people (including guests) for me to bring it up to those levels.
        for some reason that seems really outrageous of a load level for 120 people. but havent messed with vbulletin much.

verio has a VPS[virtual private server] that has unlimited bandwith. costly though, as much as a dedicated server.

http://www.interland.com has unlimited bandwith at a less costly price.

Comment

Well try
          www.e-starr.net
          resellers
          go to the 90 gb one !

Comment

please, do not tell me your signature is avril lavigne

Comment

Originally posted by f-a_org
              Well try
              www.e-starr.net
              resellers
              go to the 90 gb one !
              Anyone have any experience with these guys? I am currently on the old V650 plan at VenturesOnline, and while I'm more than happy w/ the performance and uptime as well as the support, it's getting a tad expensive w/ all the extra bandwidth we use.
              Matthew Yette
              [email protected]
              antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

That server load is too much. Have you any hacks installed? PM and I can have a look at your current design and layout.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X