Anyone use Rackshack.net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Rackshack.net?

Their plans and pricing look good but we all know that doesn't mean anything. I remember someone recommended them on this board a while back. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them. Thanks

Mike

Originally posted by sicktracks
    Their plans and pricing look good but we all know that doesn't mean anything. I remember someone recommended them on this board a while back. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them. Thanks

Mike
    They look pretty good but I have heard as many good as bad stuff about them. I personally have no experience with them, but certainly have an interest.
    venturesonline.com seems to be good, vbulletin.com just recently moved to them

Comment

Rackshack.net is a reputable provider of UNMANAGED dedicated servers. They are a very good option if you are comfortable managing all aspects of the server yourself. They abosultely will not help with anything other than reboots or reformat/reinstalls (for a fee). If you have this expertise, you should be very happy. They have decent hardware and in my opinion a pretty good network.
      AlphaOmegaHosting.Com
      http://www.alphaomegahosting.com

Comment

Also, don't be take in by the the lowest priced deals. The processor could be better and you could end up with high server load.

Comment

Been with them a year now and are very happy with them

Comment

Rackshack is one of the few hosting companies that has a forum (powered by vB), so it can't be bad.
            War is only fun when you are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyPike
              Rackshack is one of the few hosting companies that has a forum (powered by vB), so it can't be bad.
              Few?
              http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ered+vbulletin
              You're my Prince of Peace
              And I will live my life for You

Comment

Lots of those are just smaller resellers who don't provide dedicated hosting. Major Rackshack competitors such as FDC and United Colo (and other bigger hosting companies) don't have forums and chat rooms I think (presumably because they don't want people to post bad things about their service on the forum.)

BTW, I heard Rackshack is gonna have some very good deals as "Christmas presents" very soon. So if you want to get a server from them, wait for that deal.
                War is only fun when you are winning.

Comment

I've been running my board on a Rackshack server for a few months now, and it's great.
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

If you want the reviews of many, check WebHostingTalk.com and do a search on RackShack; you will find both good and bad reviews, as well as past happenings with the company.

I am not saying they are a bad company, but certain things make me want to stay away from them, at least for now.

- SaintDog

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog
                      If you want the reviews of many, check WebHostingTalk.com and do a search on RackShack; you will find both good and bad reviews, as well as past happenings with the company.

I am not saying they are a bad company, but certain things make me want to stay away from them, at least for now.

- SaintDog
                      Well I have been with them in many scenarios, if you just want a dedicated server for your chain of sites (your sites only) then go ahead, if you know how to manage it its all good. Now if you want to start hosting numerous other websites, and they start using high load scripts you are basically screwed in the a$$. There will be downtime after downtime, and rackshack will be a$$holes about it.

But that is my opinion, I have been with them for about a year now, and I am moving my custom server to a colocation facility close to my home for easy access, and I don't have to put up with there sh*t anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Arunan.S
                        Well I have been with them in many scenarios, if you just want a dedicated server for your chain of sites (your sites only) then go ahead, if you know how to manage it its all good. Now if you want to start hosting numerous other websites, and they start using high load scripts you are basically screwed in the a$$. There will be downtime after downtime, and rackshack will be a$$holes about it.

But that is my opinion, I have been with them for about a year now, and I am moving my custom server to a colocation facility close to my home for easy access, and I don't have to put up with there sh*t anymore.
                        I would not recomend rackshack, although good and cheap, support sucky, downtime recently is getting a pain, and routing for my users sucks. ( I have 3 rs servers)
                        Also... i would NEVER recomend unitedcolo or fdc (have you heard the horror stories with downtime, support etc...
                        Just take a look on webhostingtalk.com like someone above said
                        I would recomend dedicatednow.com

Comment

Originally posted by Locust99
                          I would not recomend rackshack, although good and cheap, support sucky, downtime recently is getting a pain, and routing for my users sucks. ( I have 3 rs servers)
                          Also... i would NEVER recomend unitedcolo or fdc (have you heard the horror stories with downtime, support etc...
                          Just take a look on webhostingtalk.com like someone above said
                          I would recomend dedicatednow.com
                          I'm gong to check out dedicatednow, their main office is only 20min from me. Have you used them?

Comment

no, but i have heard very good reports from them. When i get paid on firday (two days) i will be ordering a server from them

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog

- SaintDog
                              Thank you for that URL, I totally needed that. /me goes away browsing and reading a lot..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X