V650 at Ventures Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V650 at Ventures Online?

Hey all. I'm looking to move my website and forums to VO and have read a lot of good things about their V650 account, but when surfing their website I cannot find a way to view or sign up for the V650. Their highest is the V500 unless you want to get into the dedicated packages.

Do they still offer the V650 account to new users? Thanks

No, as far as I know they don't offer the 650 plan any more. Maybe you should try their VPS at http://www.venturesonline.com/hosting/vps.html
    More than 10 years experience in building communities!
    Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

Originally posted by walter
      No, as far as I know they don't offer the 650 plan any more. Maybe you should try their VPS at http://www.venturesonline.com/hosting/vps.html
      I used v650 when I was with them - they called it a "semi-dedicated server" - if you have over 100-150 users online at once, v650 is not enough - I still shared with 10-15 sites - and my server loads sat at around 5.0 most of the time. I had to go dedicated, especially with 150-200 users on now. It may be cheaper and less of a hassle to jump to dedicated rather than VPS.

Comment

I host mine on the v650 I may have been the last one to get in on it before they quit offering it.

However in the VO support forum there was a post stating that some people have upgraded from the v650 to full dedi and they were going to offer a few v650's to people who ask. But I think that was for existing members and may be too late now.

BTW my server loads are normally around the 1 area but I have seen it spike to the 7 area.

Hey my first post on the new vb3 lets see how it goes lol

Comment

Originally posted by bromyaur
          I host mine on the v650 I may have been the last one to get in on it before they quit offering it.

However in the VO support forum there was a post stating that some people have upgraded from the v650 to full dedi and they were going to offer a few v650's to people who ask. But I think that was for existing members and may be too late now.

BTW my server loads are normally around the 1 area but I have seen it spike to the 7 area.

Hey my first post on the new vb3 lets see how it goes lol
          I'm about minutes ago to cancelling my v650 due to moving to a dedicated server. I talked to support and we are allowed to tansfer it to another person... so if you're still interested, tell us ASAP!!

Comment

I presume you were offering that to the thread starter right? lolol

I'm already on the 650.

Curious what server were you on? If you dont mind me asking. Always have been curious who my neighbours were/are lol

Comment

Originally posted by bromyaur
              I presume you were offering that to the thread starter right? lolol

I'm already on the 650.

Curious what server were you on? If you dont mind me asking. Always have been curious who my neighbours were/are lol
              Yes sorry, I forgot to uncheck the "quote message in reply" box!

We are/were on Pacific! Really happy with the server so far!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X