Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good hosting -Urgent-

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good hosting -Urgent-

    OK guys, this will be the 4th time I have to change hosting. I really need a good hsoting co, that offers me good support (if needed) some decent space, time up, and SSH or Telnet.

    Too many problems with others for a sponsored business board.

    Help!

    Are Ventures Online or Remarkable Hostin any good?

  • #2
    I highly recommend Ventures Online. They have the best support of any host I've ever dealt with.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, Ventures Online are very good, take a look at their customer forums at www.venturesonline.com/forums and you will find many happy customers...
      More than 10 years experience in building communities!
      Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

      Comment


      • #4
        <No advertisements or solicitation allowed. Please respect this!>
        Last edited by Steve Machol; Mon 11th Nov '02, 8:40am.

        Comment


        • #5
          HoMiE, please do not use these forums to advertise:

          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment


          • #6
            I use www.escape.com

            They are excellent and very reasonable. If you mention my name to them they’ll give you a great rate. I have 3 co-locations there. They have multiple T3s to their uplink. Tech support is great. Never on hold more then 2 mins.

            Hosting and colos.

            Contact Roman at [email protected]

            Good luck,

            Alex West
            (don’t forget to mention my name. I don’t get anything from them. They’ll give you a great rate.)

            Our sites at escape:

            www.thrillnetwork.com
            www.radicalzoo.com/community
            www.singlereel.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by walter
              Yes, Ventures Online are very good, take a look at their customer forums at http://www.venturesonline.com/forums and you will find many happy customers...
              Ventures Online does look good, but don't you think their prices are just a little to high...? You could get a host just as good, that gives you 200 MB for $7.95, instead of $20.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Attrox
                Ventures Online does look good, but don't you think their prices are just a little to high...? You could get a host just as good, that gives you 200 MB for $7.95, instead of $20.
                You could undoubtedly get cheaper, but I doubt your likely to get a host 'just as good'.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                Steve Machol Photography


                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Julio
                  OK guys, this will be the 4th time I have to change hosting. I really need a good hsoting co, that offers me good support (if needed) some decent space, time up, and SSH or Telnet.

                  Too many problems with others for a sponsored business board.

                  Help!

                  Are Ventures Online or Remarkable Hostin any good?
                  I'd choose 'Remarkable Hosting' and not VO. Although most people here seem to think VO is best... there are other options with better service.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    You could undoubtedly get cheaper, but I doubt your likely to get a host 'just as good'.
                    A big AMEN to that, Steve! I've already tried the $10.00 cheap web site option from a different wb host and paid an awful "price" with down time and a site that got totally wiped out.

                    I've been with Ventures Online for six months now and have never had any down time. Support is excellent. Go VO!

                    - Gerry
                    Gerry

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      4th time lucky?

                      the best place iv had dealings (iv been through quite a few now) with so far is inetsalestech.com, not many people use them and they have some INSANE hardware behind that server and support has always been within 4hrs of the email. they dont allow ssh or telnet logins tho because of security issues, at first this bugged me but now its reassuring (im a security nut, not nice to think that my data will be downloaded by other people that arent meant to have it).

                      http://www.inetsalestech.com/statistics/ has some nice stats on what the box is. they dont have a control panel online yet cos their writing their own, what iv seen so far tho is very promising.

                      well i dont think anything else is needed to be said other than im more than satisfied with their setup with my site.

                      *edit* forgot to mention, copy and paste from the website

                      Any web hosting accounts get their intial 30days free as a trial period, if for whatever reason you are unhappy with us (speed, support, price, uptime, anything at all) you can leave without paying anything, no contracts, nothing special, just fast, reliable hosting.
                      Last edited by gamr; Sun 8th Dec '02, 8:03am.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        You could undoubtedly get cheaper, but I doubt your likely to get a host 'just as good'.
                        Well, I was with VenturesOnline before my current host, which is RackNine.com. I havn't noticed any difference in service, yet, and the performance by this cheaper company has been just as good.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Attrox
                          Well, I was with VenturesOnline before my current host, which is RackNine.com. I havn't noticed any difference in service, yet, and the performance by this cheaper company has been just as good.
                          Vo is awesome.

                          I cannot even remember the last time I had downtime or a support response in over an hour..

                          Yes, there prices are not the cheapest about, but you get what you pay for..
                          www.wannabebig.com
                          www.wannabebigforums.com
                          www.atlargenutrition.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cloughie
                            Vo is awesome.

                            I cannot even remember the last time I had downtime or a support response in over an hour..

                            Yes, there prices are not the cheapest about, but you get what you pay for..
                            I'm not saying that they suck or anything, they were VERY good. All I mean is you can get equal quality hosting at some places for a better price. But yeah, they are one of the best hosts online, for sure.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              lol, sorry I did not mean to directly quote you. I still have to figure out vb3
                              www.wannabebig.com
                              www.wannabebigforums.com
                              www.atlargenutrition.com

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X