Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allowee
    hmm, you let me think of something.
    my dad has T-1 at his work and his is the boss so i could store the server there, and do the config with webmin.

my dad said YES, this weekend I'll install it the, the server is running at localhost now and i don't got any problems with php, mysql so far (perl still to come)
    T-1 still isn't very fast, even the standard (most basic) aDSL package here has faster download speeds; but it's upload speeds we're concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by DBZFanCentral
      good luck. keep us posted
      ok, I installed perl, webmin, Proftpd and IPTABLES yesterday evening and had no problems thankz to pcmagazie.
      I also installed phpnuke to test php and MySQL and installed vBulletinLite to test or vBullletin would work.
      today I'll move my server to my dads office

Comment

hmm, you let me think of something.
        my dad has T-1 at his work and his is the boss so i could store the server there, and do the config with webmin.

my dad said YES, this weekend I'll install it the, the server is running at localhost now and i don't got any problems with php, mysql so far (perl still to come)
        allowee,

Congratulations! Managing both hardware and software for a server is a really rewarding experience which you'll certainly enjoy. This very activity got me started down the path to hosting almost 10 years ago now, when things are running you look at your box and take pride in your work

Sincerely,

-Matt
        Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
        email: [email protected]
        web: http://www.racknine.com

Comment

I gotta tell that i used the hardware wich is fully supported.
          I also have a home computer with Suse 7.2 but my graphics card is not supported by XFree86 4.0.2

Comment

Working...
          X