Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of any hoists that do free domain transfers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of any hoists that do free domain transfers?

That way you don't have to pay twice for a domain.

Well, since domain transfers cost money, I'm not sure if such a host exists...

Comment

You shouldn't have to transfer your domain to a host to be hosted. I think there is either a problem with terminology, or you are looking at the wrong hosts.

Typically you would have your domain name registered wherever you want to (although this could be with a host) then as you change hosts, you would only need to update the nameservers to point to the new hosting companies nameservers.
      AlphaOmegaHosting.Com
      http://www.alphaomegahosting.com

Comment

www.godaddy.com offer free domain name transfer, and nxserve doesn't charge for the transfer..

Hope that helps..

Comment

Transfers are $7.75, it says so on the first page...

Comment

Do you want to change of registrar? or just of host?
            If you need only to change of host, domain transfer its not really needed.
            You'll only need to change the nameservers at your domain registrar.

Kindest Regards
            Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
            LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

Originally posted by dandanfireman
              You shouldn't have to transfer your domain to a host to be hosted. I think there is either a problem with terminology, or you are looking at the wrong hosts.

Typically you would have your domain name registered wherever you want to (although this could be with a host) then as you change hosts, you would only need to update the nameservers to point to the new hosting companies nameservers.
              It is just that you find out after that the server you are currently on sucks and is down a lot.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X