hosting + dedicated server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hosting + dedicated server?

Hi, I just got a dedicated server for my forums. Problem was, last time, I ran out of space since my host only provided me with 10 MB storage for MySQL. Will a dedicated server help with this problem?

Thanks.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Re: hosting + dedicated server?

Originally posted by Vile
    Will a dedicated server help with this problem?
    yes

Comment

Re: Re: hosting + dedicated server?

Originally posted by Jakeman

yes
      Thanks
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Hi,

Are you sure you need a dedicated server? Your forum is currently down, thus i could not see how big is your forum. Your previous host is not good because most host allows you to use MySQL as part of your allocated webspace.

Another thing is having a dedicated server involve much more responsibility unless you get a managed server and the cost is much more expensive.

Comment

I agree with aaron. Only because you had used more than 10 Mb space isn't a reason to get dedicated. Just switch host (e.g. to Venturesonline).
          If you need to have a dedicated it's good to have some experience already. You need to know what you do.
          Ueli

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
            I am new to VBB, but there are a few other more experienced people who will also be working on it, and I think they liked the idea of getting a dedicated server for the forums.
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X