I just switched to Ventures Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just switched to Ventures Online

My god, it's night and day comparing them to VBH as far as Tech support. Not only do I get more "administrative" features, more bandwidth, more disk space for cheaper. Their Tech support was awesome. With their help I was able to transfer over my board mostly by myself instead of having someone else do it for me. That is amazing because i am not that knowledgable at the more technical things.

They responded to all my questions in a very timely manner, and on the last part of getting the backup DB into the new DB, they just imported it themselves to save me the trouble..

WIth VBH, it took me 6 HOURS to even get a data dump from them..

Ventures Online is awesome, I look forward to being with them for a very long time

Welcome home! I love my VO acct, amazing service, speed, uptime and community there...
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

What package did you decide to take and how many users you usualy have on your forum?

Comment

I chose the v500. I usually have on average about 25-35 users on at one time. I range between 12-16 gb worth of transfer rate..

Comment

We have just moved to them and I have found them very fast and efficient!
          Owner
          SEATforum.net
          http://www.seatforum.net/forum

Chairman
          SEAT Car Club UK
          http://www.seatcarclub.co.uk

Comment

i'm on a V500. VO tech support is very good in my experience.

Comment

i have been with them for around a month now and am very pleased with their service. virtually instant account setup and they have great support!
              Hostforums.com
              Web Hosting Forum

Comment

VO totally.
                Last edited by 87accordlxi; Mon 12th Aug '02, 7:41pm.

Comment

I've been with them for ages and have been very happy. No downtime that I could see, except when they e-mail you well in advance to tell you there is going to be downtime (which is hardly ever). Great support too.
                  My forum: www.norscotfs.com/forum

Comment

VO

Just got a new domain name for my V500, plus another domain on a V200... both running smoothly. I've taken 124 users max online on the V500... my usual average is around 50-60, and with a nicely tuned vB (not overloaded with features/graphics) it looks like I can live off the V500 a while yet.
                    vB 3.6.4 (No hacks), RedHat Enterprise 3 (+hotfixes), Lighttpd 1.4.13, PHP 5.2.1 (FastCGI, gzip), MySQL 4.1.21, P4 2.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB IDE disk

Comment

I have to agree, VO was one of the best hosts I have ever been with. Unfortunatly I could not stay with them long because my site had grown too big and active for me to afford their prices, but I have a feeling I will be going back as soon as I get the extra money. When I first set up my account with them I had to contact their tech support to ask a few questions. They responded each time within 30 minutes and this was at 4am on a Sunday morning! Then when I told them I needed to cancel my account because I was going to go over my bandwidth and couldn't afford to pay the extra money every month, they still gave me my money back for their 30 day money back guarantee. I didn't even ask about that since I was very satisfied with their service and definitely got my money's worth, but they actually contacted me and told me they had credited my card. You can't get much better than that!
                      Spread Peace,
                      Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

Working...
                      X