Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Managed Dedicated with 400GB Bandwidth under $120.00?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed Dedicated with 400GB Bandwidth under $120.00?

Is there such a plan anywhere?

What about people like me who don't know anything about running a dedicated server from a remote place?

Is there a book or something that can teach you about what you need to know about managing a dedicated server which is hosted by some company remotely?

PLS HELP!

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

You won't find a fully managed server for under $300/month...

Fully managed basicly is they keep everything up-to-date and install some software for you...

Semi-managed, which most places offer, is just security updates...

And 400gb a month is alot, even for cogent thats extremly expensive...

A semi-managed host would be nocster, but the network has been iffy for the past month....

Comment

Originally posted by The Prohacker
      You won't find a fully managed server for under $300/month...
      Agreed. And I think even $300 is too less. Consider what you have to pay for any good admin!
      More than 10 years experience in building communities!
      Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

yeah for managed server you'd be looking at around US$300 - 450/month
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

400GB/month equates to about 1.25mb/sec on average.
          Last edited by George L; Mon 29 Jul '02, 3:41pm.

Comment

jimmyz please not advertising as forum rules dictate http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=42918
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Sorry for trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyz
                Sorry for trying to help.
                You should be sorry for breaking the rules; there are reasons for them.

Comment

Re: Managed Dedicated with 400GB Bandwidth under $120.00?

Originally posted by ABLady
                  Is there such a plan anywhere?

What about people like me who don't know anything about running a dedicated server from a remote place?

Is there a book or something that can teach you about what you need to know about managing a dedicated server which is hosted by some company remotely?

PLS HELP!
                  Oh, you sound just like I did! I needed a lot of bandwidth and a dedicated server, but I knew next to nothing about how to manage one! After a bad experience at one dedicated company, I found RackShack.net. I signed up for their basic server with Ensim. Finally, thanks to Ensim, I was able to setup my site on my new server rather easily! And, once I got everything moved over to the new server, I could start learning the ins-and-outs of server administration at my own pace. RackShack has pretty good support via chatroom and vB support forums, and thanks to eva2000 (thanks again, eva2000!) and several others, I now feel pretty confident and comfortable with my server.

Good luck in your hosting search!

Comment

Re: Re: Managed Dedicated with 400GB Bandwidth under $120.00?

Originally posted by LanciaStratos
                    Oh, you sound just like I did! I needed a lot of bandwidth and a dedicated server, but I knew next to nothing about how to manage one! After a bad experience at one dedicated company, I found RackShack.net. I signed up for their basic server with Ensim. Finally, thanks to Ensim, I was able to setup my site on my new server rather easily! And, once I got everything moved over to the new server, I could start learning the ins-and-outs of server administration at my own pace. RackShack has pretty good support via chatroom and vB support forums, and thanks to eva2000 (thanks again, eva2000!) and several others, I now feel pretty confident and comfortable with my server.

Good luck in your hosting search!

Note: RackShack isn't a managed service, and loves to say, that the box needs to be restored

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Managed Dedicated with 400GB Bandwidth under $120.00?

Originally posted by The Prohacker

Note: RackShack isn't a managed service, and loves to say, that the box needs to be restored
                      I know it's not managed, and I also know that ABLady won't be able to find a managed server that meets her requirements. So, I was offering my experience with her next best choice.

Comment

I really want to thank everyone who has helped with my question. I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate it very much and you all have helped me come to my decision.

LanciaStratos, also thank you for giving me the info which i'm concidering very seriously.

Thankx everyone

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by ABLady
                          I really want to thank everyone who has helped with my question. I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate it very much and you all have helped me come to my decision.

LanciaStratos, also thank you for giving me the info which i'm concidering very seriously.

Thankx everyone
                          might want to look at http://www.eservers.biz as well i choose them over rackshack if you need that much bandwidth for such a price.. they do managed servers too http://www.eservers.biz/managed/dedicated.php but if i remember that's an extra charge of US$250/month on top of the server costs

Comment

I went with Webreseller.net and couldn't be happier.

Of course, it's not managed.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by JoshFink
                              Of course, it's not managed.
                              But that's what she was asking for.
                              More than 10 years experience in building communities!
                              Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X