Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinkjose
    replied
    I am maybe paranoid and would like to pay more, just to be sure about the quality of the company.
    Hehe

I agree with Jakeman. I've already been burned by a deal similar to that. They offered 60GB of bandwidth, though. Their prices started at $9.9 and are now at almost $12.00.
    www.alwayswebhosting.com ?

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    I'd have to agree with Jakeman, it really seems like there overselling themselvs. I'd take a look a hosting with either ZeonHost or Ventures Online both I've experienced and both have A+ support, features, and pricing.

Leave a comment:

• gpdoyon
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakeman
    hi jake, cool name

it seems like they are over selling themselves. i would stay away from them.
    I agree with Jakeman. I've already been burned by a deal similar to that. They offered 60GB of bandwidth, though. Their prices started at $9.9 and are now at almost $12.00.

Support was great, WHEN you got a hold of them for non-emergency stuff. But, when the stuff hit the fan it was really bad.

I personally host with Ventures Online and have never looked back. Yep, more money but I have peace of mind. Plus, they can actually touch the equipment that they manage. That is one of the best aspects of hosting with them.

Leave a comment:

• Coreace
    replied
    That sounds to be too cheap.... ?

Leave a comment:

• dandanfireman
    replied
    I would also recomend you contact your perspective host and see how they feel about installing vB for you once your account is set up. Since you are unsure about your ability to do so, I would consider it to be very important to make sure that they are willing.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    hi jake, cool name

it seems like they are over selling themselves. i would stay away from them.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yeah, that looks pretty nice, it is even twice of what I might be able to get for that money. I am just not so sure who they are, so their uptime and or other services like on-line support or possible back-ends etc that they use could mean why they are so low in price. You do not see many providers give 25gb traffic each month for just 7 dollar. I am maybe paranoid and would like to pay more, just to be sure about the quality of the company.

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    started a topic Good Deal or not?

Good Deal or not?

PowWeb

250 MB Storage
    25 GB Bandwidth
    PHP 4
    MySQL
    CGI
    Many more

$7.77 per month Two months free. Month to month, 1 year or 2 year contract is the same price.

I'm new to web hosting but I would like to host a VB as a hobby. I'm anticipating serious growth potential however and I was wondering how far a shared server with 25 gigs would take me.

Another question: I have limited HTML and no MySQL or PHP experience what-so-ever. Can I even get a VB going? I'm close to graduating as a Net Admin but I've stayed away from the web side of things for the most part.

Any comments???

Jake C
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X