This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem

What I am doing is I am trying to restore an old database from the last install of Vbulletin 2+ so I can convert it to PHP_BB.

My problem is that our lease has ran out, adn we can't use the bulletin for obvious reasons.

I have re-installed the forums but have made them unavailable to EVERYONE but me as I am the only person with any knowledge as to where they are on the webserver. The only reason I have it installed is so that I can convert it to the new database.

My problem is that I it is not connecting to the database and is sending the technical staff at vbulletin an email everytime I do anything with it. Which could result in legal issues I am told.

I am not sure who I should have told this to, but I just want it known that we are not hiding the forums from you.

I can be contacted at [email protected] for further info.

Webmaster @ nolongervalid.com

i'm honestly not sure if it's ok to run an install of vB without a license under your circumstances... i would think no. i will alert the other mods to this thread to see if we can get a definate answer.

we can't help you with the database error if your license has expired.

Comment

I'm only looking to have the forums up for a day to be able to pull the database in, and convert them. I just wanted you guys to know what is happening incase there is a "call home feature in the forums code"

Comment

Well....

You really don't need the files to do the phpBB import, as long as the database is uploaded, which is your property... You could do the import that way....

Comment

So it was a leased license and it is expired? If it is owned, i dont see any reason why you cannot install a new copy of VB.

What Prohacker said is true. You just have to create a new database on your server and restore the Vbulletin database backup. Then RUN PHPBB import script specifying the Vbulletin database name, username and password.

Comment

yeah, we bought the lease, and it just expired a few weeks ago

what my problem is, is that I have switched webservers. the database dump is corrupted and I need to run Vbulletin on the old webserver to be able to dump the database again.

when I re-installed Vbulletin it wouldn't connect and I got a message saying it contacted vbulletin tech support. I just wanted the development crew to know what was happening so I didn't have a knock on my door from your lawyers

just covering my ass while I try and save a 50M database

Comment

Does you old host offer phpMyAdmin?
              AlphaOmegaHosting.Com
              http://www.alphaomegahosting.com

Comment

Do it via SSH or ask your host to do a db dump..

The phpMyAdmin and vB backups are almost always corupt, esp if they are large dbs....

Comment

since your vB license is expired we cannot give you support on these forums.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X