Getting Very Disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeiger
    Yes, I am talking about vBulletinhosting.
    I am getting a little discouraged right now. But I will chalk it up to it being late....or the weekend.

I think that Strider is with vBulletin, so I wanted to point out that I have not gotten an email for my support.
    to clear up Strider isn't with vBulletin exactly he doesn't work for vB... vBulletin has arrangement with Strider's company vbulletinhosting.com

just to clear it up
    Last edited by George L; Sun 9 Jun '02, 10:20am.
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
      to clear up Strider isn't with vBulletin exactly he doesn't work for vB... vBulletin has arrangement with Strider's company vbulletin.com
      George meant Strider's company vBulletinHosting.com
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
        George meant Strider's company vBulletinHosting.com
        doh yes i meant vBulletinhosting.com
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

hey it could be worse. You could of had over 50 hours of dowtime in the last 5 days !!

Yes, I am currently trying to move host lol
          www.wannabebig.com
          www.wannabebigforums.com
          www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

btw thats nothing to do with vbulletinhosting btw.. Donlt want people to get confused.. Its another host.
            www.wannabebig.com
            www.wannabebigforums.com
            www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

I'll jump in here late and just reinforce what Steve said, VenturesOnline is great. I would recommend them anytime.
              - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

i just signed up with them for 2 accounts but am getting a blank screen on their server,

not having a good day overall.
                www.wannabebig.com
                www.wannabebigforums.com
                www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

On VO? If you are, be sure to file a support ticket at www.venturesonline.com/helpdesk/ . They will get it fixed ASAP.
                  - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

It was actually a problem my end and Vo replied to my support questions amazingly fast and at akward hours too.

I am very impressed with them!
                    www.wannabebig.com
                    www.wannabebigforums.com
                    www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

Just to let everyone know, I'm up and running fine now. All the problems have been worked out and I'm one happy camper.

However, if I knew then what I know now, I could have been running in a matter of an hour rather than a matter of a week! The documentation is so generic, it's almost useless. Without THIS forum, I wouldn't have ever seen the success.

I'm almost to the point where I want to write up some modified instructions that are specific to VO so other won't have to tread where I've been before. And yes, I'm a happy camper now.

My biggest complaint is the use of emails to ask questions. That has taken more time than anything. A well placed phone call could have whacked days off the installation time..

Comment

Could anyone tell me what VO's service and uptime is like? I'm currently using vBulletinhosting.com, but am considering switching to VO. My forum's been running really slow and going down quite a bit lately so I started looking into other hosting options It seems I could go through VO and actually get 100mb more storage space, twice the bandwidth, and pay $5 less per month than I'm paying now. So could anyone tell me what their uptime and service is like?
                        Spread Peace,
                        Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

VO are providing a very reliable service.
                          More than 10 years experience in building communities!
                          Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

Originally posted by PlurPlanet
                            Could anyone tell me what VO's service and uptime is like? I'm currently using vBulletinhosting.com, but am considering switching to VO. My forum's been running really slow and going down quite a bit lately so I started looking into other hosting options It seems I could go through VO and actually get 100mb more storage space, twice the bandwidth, and pay $5 less per month than I'm paying now. So could anyone tell me what their uptime and service is like?
                            Now that I've been with VO for a few weeks, I'd rate them an 8 on a 1-10 scale. Only because they don't have phone support. I will say this. Their email support is very good. They say that it could take as long as 24-48 hours for a reply. The longest time I had to wait was 45 mins with the normal response in 5-15 mins.

I have had absolutely NO DOWNTIME yet (knock on wood). Like they say, "So far, so good"! Give em a shot. I don't think you'll regret it.

Comment

VO has very good support, however I personally am not sure I would recommend them right now. They are planning on (or already have) instituting very restrictive limits on how many "hits" you can have, with each hit being each separate piece of a page, e.g. each image counts as a hit; this also includes pages that are not actually sent to the user, but where a header is returned telling the user's browser that the page is unchanged and cached on the user's PC.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...236#post308236

Comment

Based on what I've read so far, one of my forums - at an average of only 10-15 users online at a time - would be enough to be forced off a shared server at VO. I am trying to get clarification from them on this. Clearly I can not recommend them under these circumstances. Hopefully they will reconsider and better define this policy.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X