Getting Very Disappointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Very Disappointed

I have 2 web hosting accounts with 2 different servers and in excess of 50 web pages (one of which is Earthlink) and BOTH of them told me that they DO NOT subscribe to the MySQL!

I'd like to get the full version of vBulletin, but, I'm having a tough time even finding a host that'll deal with the MySQL. Keep in mind that I've never delt with SQL before, so, I'm a newbee to this. At any rate, I even thought about subscribing to the

vBulletinHosting, but, they won't even answer their 24/7 telephones. I'm starting to get a little discouraged. Can you tell?

Anyway, I'd be interested in finding out what servers other people are using to host their vBulleting accounts and why they decided to go with them. Price is of course always a consideration, but, more over, to me, I like to know that they have strong customer support either by telephone or chat that won't me celcbrate a birthday while I'm on hold.

1) Any suggestions for place to host an account that's vBulletin friendly?
    2) Any suggestions where I can get a URL to educate myself on SQL's?

I think that it would be interesting to see a poll of servers that everyone uses. But, I guess since it seems that vBulletin in promoting vBulletingHosting, that would be a no-no.

Thanks in advance.

For my money, Ventures Online is the best host you will find. You should also check out the vBulletin Hosting forum. This question comes up a lot.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

1. http://www.turtletips.com/forums/sho...=&threadid=805 in conjunction with a domain name registered with http://www.turtletips.com/forums/sho...&threadid=2874 or http://www.godaddy.com/ (the latter if you have a credit card).

You'll be very hard-pressed to find a reliable PHP/MySQL host for free. vB Lite was designed merely for testing if your host will be able to support vB full.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
        1. [url]http://www.godaddy.com/ (the latter if you have a credit card).

You'll be very hard-pressed to find a reliable PHP/MySQL host for free. vB Lite was designed merely for testing if your host will be able to support vB full.
        I'm also hosting with "GoDaddy". I called their tech support and the person that I talked with said that they didn't deal with MySQL. Is this another case of "he didn't know what he was talkign about"? or did I ask the wrong question? Hmmm....

Comment

I use www.unrealhost.net

Nice fast hosting, supports mysql, and their support is very fast!

Comment

Too late. I just signed up with VENTURES ONLINE. This is a decision that I may live to regret.

I'm having problems getting things set up and no telephone communications are possible. This email battle is EXTREMELY time consuming, frustrating and NOT condusive to being a user friendly system.

Comment

You won't regret vo. One of the best hosts hands down. THeir web based support ticket system is no worser then any phone based support. QUick, firendly, and good.

Comment

Originally posted by w5blt
                Too late. I just signed up with VENTURES ONLINE. This is a decision that I may live to regret.
                I am almost sure that you won't regret it, they really provide quality hosting and support.

I'm having problems getting things set up and no telephone communications are possible. This email battle is EXTREMELY time consuming, frustrating and NOT condusive to being a user friendly system.
                Do you use their help desk at https://www.venturesonline.com/helpdesk ?
                More than 10 years experience in building communities!
                Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

I went with VO on the advice of people on this board, and I have been happy with them.

Comment

i liek VO

i'm on their V500

Comment

w5blt - That is just not true, I am not sure which account you have but we absolutley offer 24/7 support and monitoring. Phone hours are 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, email support is 24/7. Our average response time for support issues has been under one hour and missed calls have been returned within 5 minutes. If you pm me with your account name I will try to get this resolved for you.

Comment

I know I am new, but I have been lurking and HAD to respond to the previous post.

I have an ASP account with vBulletinhosting and my forum has been down for the past 6 hours and I have sent 2 emails regarding this. One to a contact at perfect presence (because he is usally the one who anwers my support issues) and one to [email protected]

I am still waiting and have not heard a response. My wait time for support issues (unless answered by the Perfect Presence contact) has been VERY long.

Comment

You mean they have a phone????? Geeze, let's not keep it a secret. What's the number or where can it be found???

Actually, I've had some success in the last 12 hours. I counted them up and I've exchanged about 20 emails. I must admit, they've been VERY prompt about getting back to me within 20 mins. Not to speak of being VERY tollerant with me. As efficent with the email that they are, I still think that I could have resolved my problem(s) withing a few minutes on the phone.

At any rate, I'm a happy camper now.

Comment

Aren't you talking about two different hosts?

Jeiger -> vBulletinHosting
                            w5blt -> VenturesOnline
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I am talking about vBulletinhosting.
                              I am getting a little discouraged right now. But I will chalk it up to it being late....or the weekend.

I think that Strider is with vBulletin, so I wanted to point out that I have not gotten an email for my support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X