Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge hosting problem. 30-40gb/month, high load.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wooolF[RM]
    Originally posted by walter
    If you have some budget a small managed dedicated server would be the best solution...

I have thinked about dedicated hosting, but it wont work for me, I'm not *nix guru... yet...
    I wrote about a managed server where the host does nearly all the work for you.
    More than 10 years experience in building communities!
    Consulting for migration, import, newsletter delivery, stats, adserver, choosing the right software.

Comment

Why I don't want to be root? Cause I don't want to see my board ruined one day cause I was a newbie root and forgot to patch this exploit, fix that error, compile new kernel, be DDoSed or simply get mailbombed.
      But thanx in advance anyway

Until now I think 4) http://www.hostinggroup.com/demanding-hosting.html is the most vBB hosting friendly. Not much space (Nobody need it anyway, I have 2 FTPs running for my users running by users ) and a big amount of payed traffic and not so expensive for extra bandwith.

Maybe I'll stick to it

Edited by wooolF[RM] blablabla... damn typos
      Remarkable hosting takes cares of everything. The root access only gives you extra flexibility.

When you said not much space, i was wondering if you saw wrongly. That is 7GB of space. For bandwidth wise, since you are looking for 35-40GB, 75 will provide room for growth.

Regarding your following post, my board has 1000 members and spiky traffic on weekends with 100 online users. It has 300,000 pageview and consume 6GB with GZIP set at 1.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X