No announcement yet.

vbulletinhosting.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's strange... My site came back online about 8 hours ago. I copied all the files and have them transferred to VO already. Though I've only been using them for a few hours, I have to admit that their support team is very good and nice. I had a couple of things I needed help with and I received a response within 30 minutes after I requested support each time. Not bad at all for 5am on a Sunday morning.
    Spread Peace,
    Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

That is good!

I have one site that just came back online (at 9:57..Im on the west coast) BUT my main site, that has been down for 9 days! YES 9 days, is not up. Its still down.......how unlucky for me , and I still have not gotten an email from them since last Monday.
      (VBH)

Comment

vbhosting.com

1. Cut your losses and move NOW

2. Its not going to change. The service has been this poor since Day 1.

3. Brian will always have an excuse for you.

4. If you hang with them and lose clients and forum activity, then its on you.

You have been warned!

Now, what are your questions?!

Comment

Not wanting to sound paranoid, but since I'm relatively new here, I just want folks to know that "Brian" is NOT me, but is Brian Welch at vbh! My final comment on this whole thing with vbh, now that I'm off of their service (although I got a bill yesterday a couple of hours after informing that I will no longer be using their service), is that it was a good idea...just poorly executed. It is truly a refreshing experience to not be worried about the site going down and how long it might be before it is up.

Comment

i too am seriously thinking about switching from VBH.. my main concern is how do you switch over your vbulletin board to another server?? I don't think you can just do it with an FTP program..

I originally went with VBH because of their ASP service, but our board outgrew that so we bought the license and switched to one of their regular accounts.. but the constant down time on weekends is definitely getting on my nerves.. and so is the lack of email responses..

Comment

Hi Marc. When I moved from vbh, I had them do a datadump for me. The Prohacker has moved me twice now. You may want to PM him about it. Good luck

Edit: oops didn't read the second part of your post. I had to do the same thing re: license and all of that. I was scared to move everything myself. Pro did it in a very short time. HTH!

Comment

two of my emails I sent them this weekend have yet to be received by them. I got emails saying that they haven't been delivered yet.. IF my emails are sent back to me, that is a very ominous sign in my opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by marc49
                  i too am seriously thinking about switching from VBH.. my main concern is how do you switch over your vbulletin board to another server?? I don't think you can just do it with an FTP program..

I originally went with VBH because of their ASP service, but our board outgrew that so we bought the license and switched to one of their regular accounts.. but the constant down time on weekends is definitely getting on my nerves.. and so is the lack of email responses..
                  Marc,

You will need to use Telnet and do a MYSQL dump of all your data...or..

I had luck using the DATABASE backup within the VB control panel and VBH as the server.

Once you have all of your data, you can FTP all of your boards main files (forums/admin, forums/) etc etc

Problem is, the site has to be up to do it!

Comment

Hi there,

A sales rep was directed here this afternoon by a satisfied member using our services . I'd noticed Erwin's post and wanted to apologize and clear things up a little.

Last week we'd had a couple new clients who'd outgrown their existing service provider and site scripts. These resource-hogging PHP and Perl files caused trouble for the few other clients sharing that same box. It took us a little while to identify problems and rather than cancel/refund accounts we freely patched up all the scripts. Things are running smoothly again and I trust with a little time to fully experience our services Erwin'll be back with rave reviews.

For those who are interested, some of the trouble-makers were:
                    - Over-burdened phpBB2 w/ mods
                    - Real-time CGI chat software
                    - A spammer (this was obviously cancelled ASAP)

Not to blatantly praise, but if everyone used vBulletin the first two issues wouldn't have been! We've implemented some very unique resource watchers now which track PHP/mySQL use both locally and through a sister computer to prevent downtime. Even our largest vBulletin clients don't come anywhere near the utilization levels of the free BB's.

If you have any questions or concerns please email me.

Sincerely,

-Matt
                    Last edited by RackNine; Tue 30 Jul '02, 4:17pm.
                    Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
                    email: [email protected]
                    web: http://www.racknine.com

Comment

I hope to hear some nice things here about your services, RackNine.

Your packages are already making my mouth salivating.

Comment

I hope to hear some nice things here about your services, RackNine.
                        Thanks Blak, as do I. Clients serving most of their content through vBulletin are 9 times out of 10 the easiest ones to deal with. Automated setup provides FTP, DB, and path info; aside from occasional help navigating our control panel for the first time this software manages the rest!

-Matt
                        Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
                        email: [email protected]
                        web: http://www.racknine.com

Comment

I hope to be one of your future customers, as I have heard some nice things about RackNine.

BUT, how is the support at RackNine? That's one of the things that bothers most people, and so I guess it bothers me as well

I saw that your support forums is powered by XMB, ever think of changing that to a vBulletin then? Heh

Comment