No announcement yet.

vbulletinhosting.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo.......Get the heck away from there! For 3 months I spent weekends and holidays nervously checking my site to make sure that it was still up. This is my first weekend away from vbh and on my new provider's server and all is smooth. Running a website isn't supposed to have to be THAT nervewracking! I have no idea what is wrong at vbh. They have to have lost many of their clients, yet the remaining sites are still going down and there is still poor support. My new motto? "Never go down with a sinking ship"!

Comment

A hint to all clients...

As I understand the vBH servers ran cpanel, I don't know if you had control over your database... But from cpanel you can download a database backup...

Then buy a real license, and get the hell away from them...

I really do hate to see customers go though these kinda things....

Comment

Originally posted by The Prohacker
        Then buy a real license, and get the hell away from them...
        I have a real license.. and a busy forum (average about 100 or so users online...

I was looking for a host that understood the demands of Vbb, and am more than willing to pay for what I need..

Here it is 27 hours later, still down, still no response from support...

The irritating part? I get a bill from them last night about an hour after my site goes down...

I'm a patient guy, never got upset the first 30 times the site went down (sometime for days..) but enough is enough.

For what I'm paying now I could get a dedicated server, at least then I could *TRY* to get it running again.

BRIAN, SNAP OUT OF IT AND GET THE SERVERS WORKING

LOL / SIGH

Leo

Comment

There is not much more I can say that we all havnt already said a million times here. It is time for me to move on. I have not rec'd a bill for this month and I certainly hope that I dont b/c my site has been down for literally 1 week (as of yesterday) and I am really done!

I have found a site to host with and my vBulletin license purchase is in the works!

I like your new motto Brian!!
          Last edited by Jeiger; Sat 27 Jul '02, 8:38pm.

Comment

I sure hope we get some kind of notification on this! Brian!, PLEASE give me some kind of status report.

I am going to lose sponsors if you don't get me back online! I make a living from my sponsors and rely and trusted your services.

Chuck Keough

Comment

so, is there such a thing as a host that allows a medium sized vbulletin community, that also doesn't suck?

I'd prefer a managed enviroment, but is my only choice deicated?

Leo

Comment

Leo, how busy is your forum?
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

While your at it... find me an affordable, reliable host.

cons. users.. around 130 ... LawnSite.com becomes pretty active during the winter season. Maybe.. 150 to 200 cons. users this coming winter.

For whatever reason PlowSite.com has not gone offline and I am doing a backup as we speak incase it goes offline.

Chuck Keough

Comment

Chuck, I seriously doubt you'll find a host that will put you on a shared server with that many concurrent users. If you're looking for a dedicated server I highly recommend VenturesOnline.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                      Leo, how busy is your forum?
                      On average I'd say between 75-90 online at any given time, although occasionally during primetime we hit 130-150.

Leo

Comment

Leo, I'd say that would need a dedicated server as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'd say to shop around on WHT, post a request for a dedicated box...

Then search the forum for posts good and bad about the company....

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

Look over the company first, do your research, and draw your own conclusion....
                          Last edited by The Prohacker; Sat 27 Jul '02, 10:58pm.

Comment

Well I emailed Perfect Presence and finally got a response from Brian... "We are working on the problem and should have your site up and running again soon."
                            I've had it with the downtime of their server too so I also just set up an account with Venture's Online. I'll admit that VBH was good when it was actually up, but I just can't have my site going down this often.
                            Spread Peace,
                            Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

Im glad you heard from Brian....

I can understand growing pains but Brian should not leave his clients in the dark with no status reports or excuses.

When I go down I need answers.

Chuck

Comment

Well (PlurPlanet) I am glad that you got a response...and I am glad that you posted it here. I have emailed perfect presence as well (twice) and still have not gotten an email from them.
                                It would be nice to know when I can get a data dump from them b/c there is no way that I can stay with them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X